V

"Welcome to the modern marvels pavilion and the world of tomorrow. A greater world. A better world." The three friends heard from the stage.

"Oh my god! It's starting!" The petite girl yelled. pulling Bucky along as she ran to the stage. "Come on Stevie! Keep up!"

They got to the front of the crowd, Stella standing in front of Bucky who had is arms around her, and Steve standing on their left.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Howard Stark!" The lady on stage announced. A man, maybe in his mid to early twenties walked out on stage, grabbing the lady by the waist and kissing her before turning back to the audience.

"Ladies and gentlemen," Howard started "What if I told you that in just a few short years, your automobile won't even have to touch the ground at all?" Just then the ladies on the stage took off the wheels of the car, revealing motor looking things, as everyone started hooting and hollering, along with clapping. "Yes. Thanks, Mandy." He said getting the attention of the crowd back on him. "With Stark robotic reversion technology, you'll be able to do just that." He flipped a switch and the car started to hover off the stage platform. Everyone erupted into cheers and applause once again.

"Holy cow" Bucky muttered earning a giggle from the blonde in front of him. He looked down at her with a smile on his face, pressing a kiss to the top of her head.

Just then the car started to malfunction and the car fell back on the stage. "I did say a few years, didn't I?" Howard covered, earning a laugh from everyone standing in the crowd.

Howard finished up his presentation and everyone filed out to continue exploring the expo. Bucky turned his head to talk to Steve only to realize that he wasn't next to them anymore. "Hey Stells?" Bucky started still looking around for his friend. The girl hummed, in acknowledgment. "Where's Steve?"

The girl looked around before her eyes landed on a flyer for the war enlistment. "Five bucks says he's at the enlistment booth." She said looking up at Bucky.

"Lets go" Bucky breathed out. The pair started on their way in search for the blonde boy who always seems to get himself in trouble one way or another.

Most of the walk was in comfortable silence, just trying to make the most of each other's company before Bucky had to leave the next day. They would occasionally make a joke, but other then that they didn't talk. They got to the enlistment booth where they found Steve, trying to see himself in a mirror that was just above his head.

"Come on. Let's go dancing or something. It's my last night so let's make the most of it." Bucky said, startling an unexpecting Steve.

"You two go ahead. I'll catch up with you." Steve said.

"You're really going to do this again?" Bucky asked, already knowing the answer.

"Well it's a fair. I'm gonna try my luck." Steve retorted, trying to sound optimistic, though even he didn't believe it.

"As who? Steve from Ohio? They'll catch you, or worse they'll actually take you!" Bucky replied starting to raise his voice, trying to get his point across.

"Look, I know you think I can't do this" Steve started only to get cut off by his best friend.

"This isn't a back alley Steve! Its war!"