XIII

Stella Rogers, her twin Steve and the Howling Commandos toured Europe killing or capturing HYDRA agents leaving nothing in their trail. The group would infiltrate, take down and bomb the buildings as if on repeat.

Over the last two years, Steve began getting used to his sister and best friend being together, even though he was the one who wanted them to get together in the first place. The couple had gotten closer than they thought they could, despite being at war. The relationship was going so well that Bucky had even asked Steve for his blessing to ask Stella to marry him once the war was won. Of course, Steve not being able to say no to his best friend, he said yes and was secretly counting down the days until that would happen.

Though Stella lived for the missions her and the men she considered honorary brothers went on, she was glad that there were only a couple more HYDRA bases they needed to take out, and of course there was still Hitler but that's a whole other story. It was safe to say that the blonde was ready for this chapter of her life to be over so she can move on with the love of her life and have the family her and Bucky talked about that day two years ago.

Currently, the Howling Commandos were on a snowy cliff waiting for a train supposedly carrying Arnim Zola. While Bucky was nervous about the mission, Stella was practically bursting with excitement that she got to go down on a zip line, even if it could lead to her death.

"Remember when I made you ride the Cyclone at Coney Island?" Bucky asked Steve, peering over the snow covered mountain the Howling Commandos were preparing on.

"Yeah, and I threw up?" Steve asked, clarifying the incident making Stella laugh at the memory.

"That's probably one of my favorite memories of you Stevie, right next to when you though fondue was se," Stella started saying, her mouth getting covered by her brothers hand before she could finish.

"This isn't payback, is it?" Bucky asked after looking at the girl with a questioning look, wanting to know what she was going to say.

"Now why would I do that?" Steve rhetorically asked, giving a smirk in the direction of his best friend.

"We were right." Gabe Jones said, "Dr. Zola's on the train. Hydra dispatcher gave him permission to open up the throttle. Wherever he's going, they must need him bad." He finished.

"Let's get going, because they're moving like the devil." James Montgomery Falsworth informed the group.

"We only got about a 10-second window. You miss that window, we're bugs on a windshield." Steve told everyone as he helped Stella get situated, seeing as she was struggling.

"Mind the gap." James told them.

"Better get moving, bugs!" Dum Dum said, getting a chuckle from the blonde girl.

Steve, Bucky, Stella and Gabe zippline onto the train on Jacques Dernier's signal. The girl not shying away from showing she was enjoying her time in the air, scaring the men by letting go with one hand to fist pump the air in excitement.

Upon getting above the train, Stella let go and waited for the others to get to the train. When she saw Steve and Bucky land, she ran over and gave Bucky a kiss before meeting up with Gabe who was her partner during this mission. Earlier she was bummed out that she didn't get to go in with the boys, but now she was fine with it because while they were fighting she got to enjoy the view of the snowy mountains and also have conversation with Gabe while occasionally pushing a HYDRA agent off the train.

"Just hear me out on this." Stella started, earning a groan from Gabe who had been dreading hearing her idea. He had heard it from all of the other men in the Commandos ti the point that he could probably tell her, her own idea, "don't groan, you don't even know what I was going to say." She pouted.