VI

"What kind of experiment?" The blonde asked intrigued.

"You know how you said that you wanted to fight in the war? To avenge your mother's memory," Peggy started, "Well I think I have a solution. Its called project rebirth. We are looking for two candidates to do the experiment on, it is a process that will enhance everything. Height, speed, and strength alike to create an almost perfect soldier. If it works, the government will give it to almost the entire army to improve our chances of winning the war," Peggy explained. "Now I know this is a lot to process at the moment, but Dr. Erskine asked me to be on the look out for potential candidates and I believe you to be perfect one. So, what do you say? Would you like to kill some Nazis?"

"I hate the Nazis as much as the next guy but I don't want to kill anyone. If my brother and I have anything in common it's that we don't like bullies, we don't care where there from," Peggy looked at the blonde, a small smirk on her perfect lips, "That was a test wasn't it?" Stella asked though it sounded more like a statement.

"Yes, it was. And you passed. Now, before I stamp your folder, would you like to be the first woman to be fighting on the front lines?" Peggy asked, her eye brow raised and her smirk still present.

"I would be honored," Stella said smiling brightly, watching the beautiful brunette approve her folder. "When do I start?" She asked.

"In a few days, you will be stationed in New Jersey for the time being while Mr. Stark and Dr. Erskine set up the laboratory for the procedure, then I will come retrieve you and the other soldier to come back and get the serum. From there I'm not positive but I believe the both of you will be put on the front lines." Peggy explained to Stella as they walked back to where Bucky was waiting for the blonde. As they neared, Peggy looked at the soldier then back to the shorter girl smiling, "He seems like a good man. Hold on to him, he's a keeper." She said as they stopped a few feet behind Bucky, just out of ear shot.

Stella looked at her best friend, "he is isn't he? You know, it's nice to be able to talk to a girl, I'm always stuck with boys, and its not like I can talk to any of Bucky's sisters because they can't keep a secret for the life of them." She spoke, laughing at all of the times the girls said something they shouldn't have.

"Well, if there's anything that you need to talk about, go to the antique shop a few blocks over and ask for me." Peggy spoke sincerely.

"I might just take you up on that." Stella said with a chuckle, "Thank you Peggy."

"Anytime, now go to him. He seems a little anxious waiting for you." The woman said, leaving with a wink.

Stella chuckled as she watched the woman walk away. Turning on her heals, she started walking over to Bucky, who was sitting on a chair with his hands between his head and the wall, reclining back. She laughed to herself as she reached him, causing him to look at her and smile.

"Alright, you ready?" Bucky asked as he stood up, offering the girl his arm.

"I guess," She groaned out, "You know, I still don't like dancing," she reminded Bucky, but he paid no mind to her complaining, he just looked down at her and smiled, placing a kiss to the top of her head as they started walking in comfortable silence.

"So what was that all about in there?" Bucky asked, breaking the silence.

"I'm not sure I can tell you or not, and even if I could I don't know if I would want to tell you," the blonde replied quietly.

"Come on Stells, we tell each other everything, what makes this any different?" He argued, smirking as he saw that she was starting to cave, "I even see that you want to tell me, just say it. Please," he begged softening his voice with the last word.