XIV

Stella Rogers begrudgingly sat on the back of her brothers motorcycle, riding to the last HYDRA base in the alps. Six HYDRA agents came up behind the twins, each on their own motorcycle. Steve quickly got rid of them, using the gadgets on his bike. Seeing a tank in front of the entrance, Steve grabbed his shield and put it up front to protect the siblings. The tank fired, missing every shot at the two.

"This guy sucks." Stella scoffed, grabbing her gun she shot at the tank three times. Eventually the tank blew up and the twins drove up on the side of the entrance wall. Mid air Stella jumped off the back, somersaulting to break her fall while grabbing her knives.

She quickly regained her footing, slashing an on coming agent in the stomach. Stella turned around and stabbed an approaching agent. She fought alone until she was back to back with her brother. A barrier of fire surrounded them, agents all around came and circled the twins, capturing the two and bringing them to Schmidt's weapon lab.

***

"Arrogance may not be a uniquely American trait, but I must say you do it better than anyone." Schmidt said walking over to the twins, "But there are limits to what even you can do, Captain. Or did Erskine tell you otherwise?" He asked.

"He told me you were insane." Steve told the man.

"Ah. He resented my genius and tried to deny me what was rightfully mine. But, he gave you everything." The red skull started.

"Am I just not here?" Stella asked, her answer coming as a punch to the stomach sending her to the ground, "is that the best you got?" She asked, this time being ignored.

"So, what made you so special?" Schmidt asked, his focus going back to Steve.

"Nothin'." Steve scoffed, "I'm just a kid from Brooklyn." He said, getting hit twice in the face and once in the gut sending him down next to his sister, "I can do this all day."

"Oh, of course you can. Of course. But unfortunately I am on a tight schedule." Schmidt says taking out his cube-energy pistol and points it at Steve.

"So am I!" just then the Howling Commandos crash through the windows of the weapons lab and begin shooting the HYDRA agents. Schmidt goes to shoot Steve but Stella pushes an agent in the line of fire, killing him.

"Rogers!" James Montgomery Falsworth yells to Steve, "You might need this!" He says, throwing Steve his shield.

"Thanks!" Steve and Stella make their way through the Hydra base which has fallen into chaos with the arrival of more allied soldiers.

As the twins chase Schmidt they are confronted by a Hydra soldier with flame throwers. They hide against a wall, waiting for the agent to stop. Peggy Carter comes around the corner and shoots at the soldier, killing him.

"You're late." Steve says to the brunette, standing really close to her.

"Just kiss her dumbass." Stella says, running behind her brother to catch up with Schmidt.

"Weren't you about to," Peggy trails off.

"Right." Steve says as he continues his chase shortly behind his sister. Schmidt has boarded the Valkyrie, Steve not fast enough to catch the plane but Stella already had.

She stayed back in a corner waiting for the right time to attack. She saw Schmidt do something with a piece of glowing machinery, which the blonde assumed held the tesseract, before walking to the captains chair. He typed in coordinates and began to start the plane. While in her position, she saw what looked like fighter planes, her eyes widening at the sight of them labeled with cities such as New York, Chicago, and her home town of Brooklyn. She saw a couple of agents and quietly chocked them all out laying them by the New York fighter plane. The tires went up and Stella saw Steve enter the plane, her face hardening not wanting her brother anywhere near here at this moment.