11:00

Your Point of View:

In a misty abyss, I sit in silence. I fiddle with the sleeve of my gown for no particular reason. I'm waiting for someone, but the air is growing cold. My mother says I'll freeze out here if I don't come back inside. But I take no heed to her warning because I have to be patient. They'll be here soon. I know it.

A fuzzy creature touches my arm. I look down at the perry winkle fur of my cat with admiration. She always comes to find me when I'm alone. This is her way of keeping me warm as I wait. Her soft purs are tempting me to fall asleep, but I can't give up now.

"Soon," I whisper.

Where I live, we don't get many mortal visitors

Where I live, we don't get many mortal visitors. Yet, for some reason, he visits me every night. We try to exchange words, but nothing comes out. A boundary still remains between him and I. For now, I can only write words in the sand as he reads them...and vice versa.

I hear footsteps drawing near, so I open my eyes. Electric blue eyes stare back at me with a loving emotion. He waves at me and smiles his usual grin.

"Luck!," I try to say, but my voice is mute. In this realm, my communication with mortals is highly limited.

The blonde boy tilts his head in confusion since he couldn't hear what I said. I reach for a stray stick and write is name in the sand. Understanding, he nods and picks up a stick as well. He writes his response.

'Sorry I'm late.'

'It's okay!' I write back.

He draws a smiley face and pats my head. Our brief moment of contact causes a small spark to appear. Rather than shocking us, it only tickles a bit. We laugh with absent voices at the odd sensation.

My cat, Navi, jumps from my lap and onto the sand. She runs behind me, in the direction of my home. Whenever she does this, it's an indicator that it's time to part ways with Luck. I give the boy a sad smile before backing away. I dust the sand off of my gown and follow Navi. Before I'm out of sight, I give Luck one last wave. His distant figure slowly fades as he waves back.

Until next time.

Author's Note:

Goodnight.