11:02

A day had passed in the blink of an eye and I found myself at the shore once again. Apart from anticipating my short lived interactions with Luck, I really have nothing to do in this realm. I only partially exist, "living" each moment with sheer boredom. I hope for a day in which I'll magically depart from this mystic paradise, only to be met by my other half...on the dark side of the moon. Just him and I.

Navi, who sat patiently in my lap, perked up when a distant figure appeared. It was Luck.

My face lit up with joy and framed a bright smile for him. When I see him, my body comes alive in a sense I wish had been literal. My soul still resides, enjoying every moment I spend with this boy.

He runs to me before kneeling in the sand to look into my eyes. All he can do is smile sweetly. With slight hesitation, he lifts his hand to caress my face, but refrains from doing so. It's just as I said. My contact with mortals is limited. When we touch, we generate a spark. When we see that spark, we're reminded of how distant we truly are to one other. There's a devastating gap residing between our spirits. My body lies six feet under, but my soul sits six dimensions above. His soul truly doesn't belong here, but somehow, when he sleeps, we're reunited for a few minutes.

I can only vaguely remember what it was like when we were side by side in the flesh. I can only vaguely imagine how happy I was during that time.

I departed from my train of thoughts only to notice that Luck wrote a message in the sand.

It said "I'm on my way."

I had no clue what this meant, so I wrote my own message.

"What do you mean?"

Instead of replying, he stood from the sand and looked at Navi who had scurried off while I wasn't looking. She's saying that it's time to go.

We bid farewell and he took his leave, but not before giving me a thumbs up. When he was no longer in sight, I reread his message in the sand. He says he's on his way? I'd like to think I'm wrong, but if he means what I assume he means, I fear the worst.

Author's Note:

Dream of anime tonight.