11:03

You cannot go where your soul is not. You cannot hide from yourself even if you wanted to. The body, however, is a different story. Your body is a cage for your soul. When the time comes, the door to that cage will open, freeing your spirit from the boundaries of flesh and bone. It's a beautiful thing, not to be feared.

I did say, though, when the time comes.

To rush this process, is to destroy the beauty that is this bittersweet moment. It quickly becomes an act of hatred or a forced escape. Love your body. Take care of it. You'll part ways with it someday...and it'd be cruel to leave it in shambles when it's been there for you from the start.

"Navi, were you ever a mortal cat?" I asked out of the blue.

Navi shakes her head.

"Oh...well you probably wouldn't understand what it's like," I sighed. "Being mortal can be scary."

My feline friend perks up, perhaps asking why.

"You can die at any given moment. The future is never a promise," I explain. "I should know..."

But I don't.

I cannot recall what my life was like before I woke up on the beach of this realm with nothing but a gown and the memory of a boy named Luck. Though I could not remember him in detail, I understood that our bond ran deeper than the ocean. He meant a lot to me...and he still does.

Luck's Point of View:

It pains me in a literal sense to lie on this bed, allowing people to feel sorry for me. Do they not see the smile on my face? I am happy that misfortune has fallen upon me. I am happy that fortune still awaits me.

"Luck, please take your medicine. You won't progress like this," my doctor said.

I shake my head, closing my eyes to filter out the light. "I'll be fine."

Honestly, it's a lonely life I live without her. I remember the days she was right by side, body and spirit, telling me to stay strong. Those were the days I wanted to thrive for her. Those were the days I wanted to live. Now, I'm empty inside.

"I know it's been hard since..." he trails off, clearing his throat. "Um, look, what I'm trying to say is that you still have a chance to carry on. Don't let yourself rot away in this room. I knew (Y/n) for quite some time and I know she would want you to get better and-"

"Shut up."

"Huh?"

"I said shut up!" my voice echoed pain, but I kept speaking. "You didn't know a damn thing about me so don't start acting like you knew her too! She was all I had!"

...She really was all I had.

"I-I'm sorry," I sighed, "I didn't mean to lash out like that, I just- I get frustrated, and well... j-just forget it."

The doctor nods in understanding. "No worries. You probably just need some space. I'll be stepping out now, but don't hesitate to call me if you need anything."

"R-Right, thank you."

He leaves and I'm left alone with my thoughts. One thing leads to another and soon I'm fast asleep, ready to see her again. Each time, hoping to hop the fence between our realities and stay in her arms for all eternity.

Author's Note:

Goodnight, darlings.