11:01

Luck's Point of View:

There comes a time of night when I meet her. And then, there comes a time of night when I leave her. But I never have the courage to ask why. I can never ask, "Why do I have to leave? Why can't we stay together?"

She fascinates me in every way. Despite our concise interactions, she's somehow managed to mesmerize me. She's the best dream I've ever had.

I keep our friendship a secret because I know what people will say. They'll say I'm being delusional. They'll say this is my way of coping with losing her. They'll say she's just in my head. But I know better than that. She's the realist part of my life.

She's also the furthest thing I've ever reached for.

Why won't you keep me, (Y/n)?

Your Point of View:

The ceiling of my room is interesting, indeed. Every night, I stare at it and think of life on Earth. What is it like to be mortal? I've known once before, but it's been so long. I was robbed of that experience.

Suddenly, I think of Luck Voltia. I wonder how he's doing. I have no other friends in this lonely place I call home, so my mind constantly gravitates back to him. Relatives live with me, but only my parents. The rest are on Earth, carrying on with their lives. I'm happy for them.

Navi's tail brushes against my cheek, bringing me back to my senses. Her glossy eyes are focused on my window. I guess she wants to look outside. Pulling back the curtains, I reveal the gorgeous view outside. This city has its boundaries, but it's not like I ever want to leave. It's peaceful.

And at the same time, it's lonely.

Desperately, I want to follow the boy, but this land is a cage. Still, there is a way for Luck to dwell here. But it'd be selfish to wish this upon him.

At least I have Navi, right? I found her wandering on the beach when I first arrived. I stopped in my tracks to pet her, but as I walked away, she followed. Ever since, we've been very close.

"Navi, aren't mortals lucky?" I sighed in awe.

My fluffy companion merely sways her tail at my odd question. I mean, mortals can die, so you might wonder why I find them to be lucky. Well, it's actually quite simple.

They're down on Earth with Luck...and I'm not.

"It's pretty late," I voiced. "Should I sleep?"

Truth be told, I don't need sleep to function, but it does brighten my mood. Since my body doesn't get tired, I take a potion to help me drift to sleep. It works well but it only lasts eight hours. Then again, what am I complaining for? Sleep is optional.

Navi cuddles up to me as per usual, drifting off into her own peaceful slumber. Feeling the potion finally start to settle in, I allow my immortal body to relax, giving in to the sudden fatigue.

Author's Note:

sweet dreams.