Chapter 105: The Predicament

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

This is a continuation of chapters 97 and 98 and a small part of chapter 102

Third Person POV

A/N: The images above do not belong to me

A/N: The images above do not belong to me. They belong to the persons who uploaded them on the internet.

After Art and AJ got their clearance from the reception desk, they made their way to the exit, handing their clearance slips to the assigned staff on their way out.

AJ tried to hold Art's hand.

"AJ, I'm a big boy, I can make my way to the arrival area without your guidance," Art said, pulling his hand away from AJ's grasp.

"I wasn't trying to guide you," AJ said with a sad and disappointed smile.

AJ felt that Art actually knew the reason why he was trying to hold Art's hand but Art was deliberately misunderstanding his action so as not to deal with the situation.

AJ wondered how he would ever be able to win Art over to him.

When Art exclaimed, "I see my parents!", AJ burst into tears and started sobbing uncontrollably.

Art suddenly remembered that AJ had lost his parents during the storm disaster. Art could not find it in him to abandon AJ.

"My parents and I can give you a ride home," Art offered, "is there anyone in your house living there right now?"

"Yes," AJ replied, "I have an older sister but she might not be there right now because she teaches high school in a different city and she goes home only on the weekends."

"Would you like to stay at my place until you're able to contact your sister?" Art asked.

"I would be very grateful if you put me up until then," AJ replied between sniffles, "it's very generous of you to offer."

"Let's go then," Art said.

This time it was Art who took AJ by the hand and it made AJ's heart rate spike dangerously.

After Art introduced AJ to his parents and after he explained AJ's situation to them, Art's parents fell in with Art's plans to take AJ into their house until he got his situation sorted.

They stopped by a restaurant for lunch because Art's house was still almost an hour away.

Art was starting to feel a little jealous about how his parents were doting on AJ at the restaurant. They kept on piling food on AJ's plate. Art tried to understand that it was perhaps because his parents felt sorry for AJ's situation and were trying to make him feel better. Art was not used to his parents giving attention to other kids because Art was an only child and was used to his parents doting only on him. Art was starting to wonder whether he had made the right decision to bring AJ into his family.

When they finally reached Art's house, Art's mom showed AJ the guest room where he could stay for the time being.

AJ turned to Art's mom with an apologetic smile.

"I am scared to sleep alone," he confessed to Art's mom.

"Oh, in that case I will tell Art to share his room with you," Art's mom offered.

"Thank you so much, ma'am," AJ said, his hands clasped in a grateful gesture.

"Oh, just call me mom," Art's mother said, "for as long as you will be living with us for a while, you might as well call me mom."

"I'm really, really grateful for your kindness and generosity," AJ said with a voice full of emotion.

Art's mom led AJ to Art's room.

After a brief knock, she opened the door. Art was going through his drawer of clothes.

"What is it, mom?" Art asked, and then Art's eyes widened when he saw his mom walking into his room with AJ.

"Art, sweetheart, I would like for you to share your room with AJ," said Art's mom.

"Why can't he use the guest room?" Art complained.

"He's scared of sleeping alone," Art's mom explained.

AJ gave an apologetic smile to Art.

Art shook his head, "I don't believe this."

"Art! Don't be rude and unkind!" Art's mom scolded him, "lend him some of your clothes for now until I'm able to shop for some clothes for him."

"But, mom, he's taller and bigger than I am," Art complained, "my clothes won't fit him."

"Just give him the biggest clothes of yours that you can find for now," Art's mom suggested.

Art grudgingly did as his mom told him to do.

When Art went to the bathroom, AJ followed him.

"Don't tell me you're afraid to take a shower alone," Art scolded AJ.

"Actually I am," AJ said, fixing Art a serious stare.

"I don't believe you," Art said, "I totally do not believe you. In fact, I do not believe that you are scared to sleep alone. You were just able to convince my mom somehow."

"I really am scared," AJ insisted.

Art sucked in his breath and stopped to think for a while. Then he turned to face AJ.

"We are going to take turns," said Art, "you will stand outside the shower stall with your back turned while I'm taking my shower. When I'm finished, I will do the same while you're taking your shower."

"Very well," AJ agreed with a wide smile.

Art was seriously doubtful that AJ was telling the truth about being scared of sleeping alone and showering alone but he had to do as his mom had ordered.

"Turn your back to me," Art commanded AJ as he started to remove his clothes.

AJ did as he was told. He heard Art sliding the shower door open and then stepping inside and sliding the door shut.

AJ heard the water hissing through the shower head. He could smell the fragrance of the soap that Art was using.

"Uhh... uhh..."

"What's the matter?" AJ asked forgetting that he was not supposed to look in Art's direction.

"I can't reach my back," Art complained, "my right shoulder hurts. I don't know how I could have hurt it back in the island."

AJ's heart zoomed all the way to his throat. His voice could hardly come out when he asked Art, "Would you like me to soap your back for you?"

It took a long while for Art to reply and then finally he said "yes" in a small, embarrassed voice.