46: I'm sure it's alright...

I quickly texted Austin before Mr. Hamilton began speaking.

Hey, are you okay?

Mr. Hamilton wasted no time in handing out the tests and when he got to me he furrowed his eyebrows and pointed to the empty seat beside me. I just shrugged and he took back the second test he had in his hand before handing me mine. My foot bounced as I tried to focus on the test and get Austin out of my mind.

I took some extra time on the test as I felt myself getting distracted from time to time but was happy with my result as I handed it to Mr. Hamilton when I was finished. Sitting back down I brought out my phone, as we were allowed to once we were finished and i saw I had a text from Gwen but none from Austin.

Gwen
I saw Taylor and he wasn't with Austin.

He's not in bio either...

It didn't take her long to text back.

Gwen
Did you text him?

Yes I did before class started and he hasn't responded.

I then decided to text Abby who had a class with Taylor.

Abby
Has Taylor said anything about Austin?

Gwen
I wouldn't worry about it. Give him until lunch.

Abby
No, but I'll ask him.

I put my phone down and sighed as I leaned back in my chair.

I'm probably worrying about nothing. Maybe he's sick and is sleeping? He was fine last night though...

Abby
Says he doesn't know either.

***

I stood in line for food with the girls as we talked about our plans to go to the mall tomorrow night.

"I need a new bra..." Abby said as she scooped salad onto her plate.

"Oh perfect that means (y/n) can look for something new too" Gwen said as she raised her eyebrows at me.

"I don't need anything" I furrowed my eyebrows at her.

"Yes you do, now that you have someone to show them off to" Gwen wiggled her eyebrows.

"Omg yes" Abby said as she smiled.

"Guys..." I sighed.

"C'mon (y/n) it'll be fun!" Gwen tried to convince me.

I sighed, "fine I'll look, but no promises."

She squealed as we all began making our way over to the table. We saw Holden and Taylor already sitting and they smiled at us as we sat down.

"Have you heard anything?" Taylor asked me.

"No" I said as I shook my head.

He sighed, "I'm sure he's alright."

***

I sat at my desk back at home as I did some homework. I still hadn't heard from Austin so I just decided to take my mind off of it and put my phone away. Then I heard it go off and I dropped my pen and rushed over to it where it was charging on my nightstand.

Gwen
Anything?

I sighed as i saw her name.

No...

Putting my phone back down I walked over to continue doing homework as i was called down for dinner.

"So, the parties next Saturday-" my mom said as we sat ate.

"It's at the gymnastics place right?" My dad said as he wiped his mouth.

"Yes!" Emmi said excitedly.

"Everyone has RSVP'd so we have that covered-" My mom said.

"And Austin is coming?" My dad interrupted.

"I think so" I said, finally raising my head from my half eaten plate.

"You alright? You love spaghetti..." He asked.

"Yeah, just feeling well I guess."

"Oh, yeah there's that bug going around..." He said as he went back to eating.

I could tell my mom was looking at me but I didn't look at her.

We were all excused from the dinner table soon after as I put my plate into the dishwasher my mom spoke up, "can I talk to you?"

"Yeah" I said.

"You alright sweetie?" My mom asked once we were alone.

"I'm fine."

"You sure?"

"Yeah like I said I'm just not feeling well..."

She looked at me unconvinced, "I know it's more than that."

I sighed, finally giving in. "It's just, Austin wasn't at school today and we had that test which we studied for and he isn't texting me back or anybody back."

She stayed silent for a moment. "Maybe he's actually sick? Like your dad said there's something going around."

"Yeah, I guess so."

"I'm sure it's alright sweetheart." My mom smiled.

***

I stood at my locker once again before class and I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket.

Austin
Meet me at the east wing.

My heart skipped a beat as I read it. I quickly closed my locker and grabbed my bag before heading to the east wing. I got there as the bell rang and the hall soon became empty. Standing there I pulled out my phone.

I'm here

Then I heard a door open and I looked to see Austin gesturing for me to come to him. I walked over and inside the familiar storage closet.

"Wh-" I was about to say before he crashed his lips onto mine.

I dropped my bag and put my arms around him as I clawed at the back of his shirt. His hand went up to caress my cheek as his tongue swiped over lower lip. I gasped and as my mouth opened his tongue entangled with mine. We kissed for a moment before I felt him push me up against the wall. I jumped up into his arms without breaking the kiss and he leaned up against me. He then moved us over to a stack of foldable tables and gently put me down on them, again without separating. I heard the sound of his belt come undone as his hands moved away from me.

"Austin" I said against the kiss.

He stopped then stood up quickly and turned away from me. I sat up and reached out for him.

"Hey" I said, still trying to catch my breath.

He stayed turned away from me, "what's going on?"

He just shook his head before I got up from the table and wrapped my arms around his torso, giving him a hug from behind.

"Sorry" he finally said.

"Why are you sorry?"

He once again didn't answer me so I decided to just drop it.

"I have to go back to class" I said, grabbing my bag.

My heart hurt as I waited for a response but didn't get one. Finally I just sighed as I walked around him and before opening the door I spoke up, "I'll talk to you later."

I sadly couldn't see his face as it was too dark so I just opened the door and walked away.

*
I know the mom says a lot of nicknames but my mom does that so I kind of based that off of her 😂
Hope you're enjoying it so far!