chapter 9

Chapter 9
DAMON

"I'm here to see Claire Rutherford, she was brought in here a while ago, I'm her husband" I ran my hand through my hair in despair to the receptionist. I watched her go through the computer device.

I took off using the stairs, I was impatient with the arrival of the elevator. Arriving on the floor the nurse told me, I walked into the hallway, I saw Rebecca come out of a room I suppose to be Claire's.

"Damon" she hugged me, crying uncontrollably.

"How is she?" I broke the hug wanting to go inside.

"Thankfully she's stable, I was so scared Damon, I thought I lost her" she sobbed

I looked at Claire while different thoughts crossed my mind. I was more than thankful to God for keeping her safe.

"How's the baby?" I held on to Claire's unconscious hand.
"The baby didn't make it, it took a lot to keep her alive and now if she wakes up to know about this, I shudder to think what would happen, she just lost her daughter and now this...." Rebecca covered her mouth

"Her daughter?" I leaned forward to Rebecca, I knew about the child and I'm interested to know more.

"Please don't tell her I told you"

I affirm.

"She got pregnant with kat without knowing who the father was. Her life was a total mess back then and when the doctor said she couldn't abort, she let the baby live but of recent, Katherine passed away and it's left her depressed thus heightening her sleepwalking. You know about that right?"

"Yea she told me about the sleepwalking and I sorta witnessed one" my face was fixed on Claire.

"When she sleepwalks, the only thing that she does is try to kill herself so she can join kat and give her all the love she couldn't when she was alive. She's guilty she couldn't show her how much love she had for her" Rebecca put her face in her palms.

I wanted to be there for Claire, I wanted her to lean on me and trust me. I wanted her to be safe and know that I'll protect her. I love her so much and I want to ease her pain. Fuck she lost her child, and now ours, but I didn't care about the demise of my child with her, does that make me a bad father? Or just a selfish bastard?

I felt Claire move her fingers in mine and then her eyes open slowly.

"Hey ol' pal" I fought back a tear.

"Hey champ," she said, weakly.

She fell asleep back slowly.

How was she going to deal with this? She's had a lot going and I don't want to get her hurt.

I kissed her forehead.
"You should head home Rebecca, I'll take it from here. Thank you so much"

"Please call me when anything comes up and Damon, I'm glad you're in her life, she needs you, please don't give up on her because of this"

There was a lot I wanted to say to respond to that but, I simply nod.

Of course, I'm not going to give up on her, hell I'm going to marry her. I love her and she doesn't belong to death, she belongs to me!

Rebecca hugged me before leaving.

The Doctor came in shortly.

"I was told you're her husband," Dr. Mark said while checking Claire's pulse.

"Not exactly but we are almost there" i sighed.

"She's so lucky to be alive, if she had been brought in one minute late, we would've.."