chapter 11

Chapter 11
CLAIRE
I HAD JUST TOLD REBECCA about the engagement and trust me, one would think she's the one getting married. She's been screaming up and down my living room.

"So when are you guys going public?" She finally sat down beside me

"I told him to chill for a couple of days until I tell mum and dad, I'm thinking of flying over there next Friday after work. Surprise visitation and great news" I suck on the lollipop in my mouth.

"Girl I'm so happy for you, you deserve this and you know what? We are going to celebrate tonight. We're partying!!"

"No strangers beccs" I warned. Knowing the kind of person Rebecca is, trust her to invite unknown faces to the celebration.

"It's just us duh" she rolled her eyes and then giggled.

I flip my phone to receive Damon's text.

*Let me guess, you're spilling the deets to the trouble maker 🤫*

*are you watching me?😲🤣*

*I'm not, but now that you've mentioned it, I think it's long overdue to get you a bodyguard who will protect you from prying eyes. Can't share my woman*

"Ok, I'm going into the room to dress up, let me know when you're done sexting" Rebecca teased and in return, I gave her a smile before replying Damon.

"Let them pry, I want to see the look on their faces once I shove my engaged finger at them🤣🤣🤣🤣"

"I love you, Mrs. Ice, always and forever"

"I love you too Husband. Beccs and I are going out to celebrate"

"Nice title. Can I gate crash?"

"Maybe next time, it's a girl thing tonight, you'll probably get tired of us talking about our wedding night sex :)"

"That's a topic I won't get tired of either talking or listening to. :)"

"I've gotta go now, Dont want the wrath of trouble maker, I love you. 😘😘"

"Right back at you ol'pal"

I place the phone on my chest, taking a deep breath and smiling at the positive turn around in my life. Who would have thought Damon and I would end up together, I didn't even think of the slightest possibility but here we are, about to get married and begin our happily ever after. I had thought my life ended with Nathan, that I'd never find love again and when my daughter died...

*quick one, I want to introduce you to someone tomorrow, I'll come get you after work*

Its time I introduce both of them to each other. The two most important people in my life. Beccs is my third most important, am I a bad daughter for placing my parents on the fourth? Why the hell am I even debating this? I laughed, hurriedly joining Rebecca in my room. Life is perfect.

"I DONT WANT TO GET DRUNK BECCS" I shoved the tequila shot away.

"I have work tomorrow too, now drink it!" She screamed and then gave me that cute puppy face again, she's abusing the use of that.

"Last one" I warned

"Whatever" she hissed, pushing the shot glass to my side.

"I hate you" I chuckled, gulping down the content down my throat.

"The feeling is mutual"

I rest my arm on the bar counter, remembering the last time I was here. New Year's eve. I was sad on that day, but today, I'm the happiest woman alive. I scanned the room with my eyes and then I froze but this time in anger. Nathan was walking towards me.