chapter 19

Chapter 19

One year later.

CLAIRE

I SHRUG INTO MY silk robe, proceeding to the bed where my chest naked husband is sitting, his back leaning against the headboard.

"So I was thinking, how about next week?"

I shake my head in disapproval.

"No babe we can't, Mary, Scott, and Kat won't let us, they are like mini spies except they can't communicate yet" I laugh so hard at my little triplets who make life hectic yet sweet for me. All those times I thought I was going to have twins, I ended up having three, kat took me by surprise when she came out cause I didn't see that coming, which also made Rebecca's prediction wrong.

"We can take them to grandmother's, it's just the weekend"

"Who's going to breastfeed them when they need milk?"

Damon has been trying to make me approve of a weekend getaway to Rio with him. A little break he said. But I'm too stuck up on my kids to leave them yet. Maybe in nine months, just maybe.

"I wanted both of us to get away from all the stress and relax"

"I get it and honestly I would have approved if we only had a child to worry about but we have three and I'm not ready to excuse myself yet"  I cover myself with the duvet, rolling on my side to face him.

" I'm not saying you should excuse yourself, I'm just saying.."

We hurry to the next room where the kids are sleeping, Mary's outburst cut off our discussion. I scoop her up from the cot into my arm, rhythmically moving so she can go back to sleep.

Damon and I silently laugh after exchanging a Thank God look.

As I shut the door, Damon's hands wrapped around my waist making me trapped against the wall.

"You make parenthood seem effortless" he leans in to kiss me.

"That's because we are partners"

"Can I ask something of my dear partner?" He tucks a loose strand of my hair behind my ear.

"What Mr. Ice?"

"I was thinking we get dirty and solve crime tonight" he places his palm on my butt, squeezing it to arouse my sex.

"What if I don't want to play dirty?" I whisper.

"I believe you know I don't take no for an answer, so you'd better do my bidding dear wife"

"Well, I don't want to be punished so ill do what you want sir, where's our first dirty mission taking place?" I rest my arms on his shoulders.

"I was thinking in the bathtub"

"That's a place to get clean not dirty genius" I scoff.

"We are not getting clean, you just wait and see wifey"

We giggle back into our room.

Four months later.

I step into the garden, walking arm to arm with my dad, staring at the most gorgeous man on the planet. We are finally getting married after months of making sure I was mentally and physically ready to wed. As I proceed to the alter, my sight lands on the triplets and I could have sworn i heard Scott say 'mama'. I stare a bit longer to hear him say it again but i figured that won't be happening anytime soon.

"You may now kiss the bride"

We kiss.

"Finally, i am yours officially" i smile.

"You have always been mine and i love you wholeheartedly Mrs. Ice"

"I love you too Mr. Ice"

We kiss again before we began taking pictures with everyone.

"Bestie, is there a chance i hook with a worthy someone here?"

"What the hell Rebecca!, you take your horny dirty soul out of the presence of God"

"The officiating Minister is gone, so that pretty much makes here an ordinary garden"

We both laugh hard.

"I'm so happy for you bestie and i can't get enough of your dress, I'll be sure to wear it on my wedding day, we'll make our daughters wear it, and our granddaughters wear it and out great-granddaughters...."

This is the life i deserve. One with the people i love and who love me back also. Thank you life for giving me another chance. From here onward my happily ever after begins.....

The End.