Dream

So, I don't remember my dreams a lot.

I don't know where to put this dream. It started off nice enough, but then it wasn't. It wasn't what people would call bad though. so let's call it a paranoid nightmare.

For some reason it started with two characters going on a date from an anime I watch. The two characters being Kaminari Denki, and Shinso Hitoshi. I'm mentioning this for a specific reason I'll get back to.

It started off like a fanfiction. The two waiting for their ride to come so they could go to Disney. It was cute. They'd brought snacks, no phone and weirdly no bags. I questioned it only after.

I wasn't present in the dream until a few minutes after. My mind had put me in the place of Shinso, and put my girlfriend in the place of Kaminari. It still looked like Disney. It was nice. We seemed to be having fun, and then the mood of the dream suddenly shifted.

I brought up the character's names earlier for one reason only. My girlfriend and I both relate heavily to the corresponding characters. I relate to Shinso, and she relates to Kaminari. It's the only reason why the switch between people makes sense to me.

The dream sort of switched up in weird places. It was cheery and bright outside when it first started. Not a lot of people, which now I figure as strange. At some point it was a courtyard in a school. In another part a neighborhood of houses. Finally it was a gas station.

I don't remember much of when it was actually Disney. I just know it wasn't me then. I only showed up when it was about to become a courtyard. By the time it was a dimly lit courtyard, the dream had changed its perspective.

By that I mean that originally I'd been mentally viewing it in the third perspective. I was an outsider just looking in. As if I were imagining a scene in a book. When it was starting to become a courtyard, I was suddenly "in control." It was suddenly from my perspective.

The change from Disney to courtyard didn't happen that quickly. I spent a few minutes being me before the switch happened. I remember it happening because we were talking about the park shows, and I asked when one of them started next.

I don't remember the time, but I know it was two minutes before it started. I was in a dark courtyard then. We ran to ask a Disney employee, and the only ones there were the mascots.

We figured that could work, and tried asking them. Every time I'd get close to getting an answer someone would pull us out of the way so a child could take a picture.

There was suddenly a long line. I only sort of remember one kids face from someone I vaguely knew in high school. But we moved one. We went to find the show ourselves.

I'm going to mention this small detail for a second. The mascot we'd walked up to was Dumbo. It was weird because I remember the person's face in the suit could be seen in where the mouth would normally be. The face of dumbo being my fathers head instead. Which I think was just me throwing shade at my dad.

It switched to a classroom when we found the show. The door being closed since it'd already started. Being late by five minutes I think. It looked like how my school had looked once more. My high school specifically.

I can't describe it well, but there was some aspects of it like it, but it was still a classroom. My old high school drama group was there. Remembering them specifically because they were the only people I talked to a few times in that class.

Yet my male friend from that class wasn't there. I remember them telling us we couldn't go in since it'd already started, but we could listen through the door. It switches back to the characters for a moment, before quickly changing back as we left.

I don't remember why we decided to leave, but it'd turned into a neighborhood at that point. Houses to the left, forest to the right and a wide road in the middle. They looked like houses a child would draw, and I don't remember a sidewalk.

It was nice again. There was a clear sunset, and it was only a tad chilly. We were talking, but I can't recall what we were saying. I just remember the warm fuzzy feeling I had. It got weird there.

It'd gotten bright then, and I heard fireworks going off. To the left there were suddenly two people coming down from blue and white parachutes. More umbrella shaped then parachute.

They fell, and a large scarecrow dropped at our feet. There wasn't a head, and I could see the second parachuter falling as I picked it up for some reason.

When I picked it up, it was suddenly a Corduroy bear plush. The fur red instead of the familiar honey brown. The red wasn't violent. It was the valentine bear colour-ish of shade. It was pretty, and I still could recognize it as Corduroy.

When I gave it back to them, and tried to talk to them, we were suddenly in a gas station. It wasn't a normal gas station. It had the feel of a 7/11, but had stuff you'd find in a technologies store.

I only remember a bit about this place. I remember the technology only for the fact I told her to put down five TVs. They were, like, small like kindles though. So I don't know why I called them TVs.

I walked away from her after that. I don't know why. I don't even remember what I was looking at. Two girls walked near me. I couldn't see their faces. They were blank. But their expressions were obvious to me for some reason.

They had the mean girl smirk characters have in movies. They were talking shit about me, but in the way those characters do. With that tone and the act. Like sarcastically almost.

I said something back in a snarky manner as I wouldn't do normally. Suddenly I was being choked out by one of them. I don't know how. I don't know why.

I remember trying to scream for help. I remember trying to remember her name. I couldn't. I could only remember three names. Charlie. Landon. Solo. Each having their own reasons.

When I woke up I immediately remembered her name, her face. It was all I thought about for a while.

I woke up in a cold sweat at 3:45 am. I sat their staring up at the ceiling wanting to cry for a few minutes. I hadn't moved or yelled in my sleep. I could tell because Solo was still sleeping on my arm. She would've moved to a different spot if I'd yelled, and definitely would've moved if I had as well.

The reasons for me calling this a paranoid nightmare seems obvious to me. My fears and anxieties being hit like a nail. The explanation for the names is simple as are the reasonings for the dream.

I think Charlie's name entered my mind because I answered to a comment from him on my Instagram before heading to bed.

Landon I remember because I looked through the dms on my private account on Instagram around the same time I answered Charlie.

Han I remembered because it's the character Solo is named after. She was sleeping on my arm before I fell asleep.

I think every part of this dream just echoed my anxiety, and I honestly hate that. It's now 5:13. I doubt I'm going back to sleep.

If I do, I hope I don't remember my dream.