Starbucks

Wow my titles are actually starting to relate to my chapters now.

Anyway, today my mother and I went to Starbucks to sell an old vintage Coca-Cola pinball machine to some guy. We were in Starbucks with people she knew just in case. And by people she knows I mean the entirety of the staff that work there.

A few minutes into sitting there we get this big cheetah plush we had, and bring it into the store as well. We put it next to the book drop off and return thing they have because we didn't want it. And we were hoping some kid would convince their parents to get it.

It worked. This little boy hovered around it for a minutes, and my mother talked to the kids parents about it. Explaining how it was her sisters, and then her sister gave it to her when she didn't want it anymore.

My mom couldn't keep it because of our cats, and my brother and I didn't want it because it was freaky. The little boy was nervous to ask their parents if he could have it, but once his parents told him (in Spanish) that he could have it. He smiled from behind his arm and nodded.

It was cute. Very happy that's gone.

Anyway, back to the pinball machine. We'd gotten to Starbucks around five thirty due to my mom wanting to be early. The guy was supposed to arrive at 6:30. She really wanted the thing gone, and die to not knowing if it worked or not, she was selling it for 75.

The original price for this thing if it was in good condition would be around 900. If it worked she would've sold it for 300 due to the condition of the machine.

So we got our drinks at sat down at the table closest to the door and the windows. Just so that the guy could see us. There's no other Starbucks is the area, and it's the only one next to a particular burger shop. There was no way this guy could get lost.

6:30 rolls around and the guy hasn't shown up. They weren't from the area, so my mom gave him a couple more minutes. She got a text that the guy was nine minutes away. At 6:41 the guy texts my mom that he's there, and then leaves the chat. We wait for him to come in.

Nothing.

We watch this white truck drive around the parking lot for a bit thinking it's him. It's not. I keep my eye on a red car someone's been sitting in since around the time the guy said he was there. They end up driving away.

We wait until 6:52 until deciding to just get up and leave. Luckily my mom had another bidder that's gonna meet her tomorrow at Starbucks. Hopefully this guy doesn't stand her up.

She says that he seemed too eager, and thinks he's gonna give up on it as well. We'll just have to see I guess.