•three•

I wake up to the sun shining brightly
in my face. I look around at everyone to see some of the only ones awake are Bellamy and Murphy and then all of a sudden I become aware of how dry my mouth is.
I quickly get up and go straight for
the water bucket. I pick up the makeshift cup and take a drink before pulling the top half of my long red hair back into a bun and then braid a piece on the side. I look over as Well walks back into camp. By now everyone's awake and running around like wild animals.
I watch carefully as Bellamy walks out of the drop ship with a girl next to him. I roll my eyes and listen to what he's saying to Wells. "You still don't get it do you Chancellor? Your fathers rules no longer apply." He says, taking some of the clothes from him. I watch as Wells throws down the clothes. "Is this what you want? Chaos?" Wells asks looking up at Bellamy as at least 10 boys fight over the clothes of the ground. "What's wrong with a little chaos?" Bellamy smirks.
As if in que a girl screams from in the
other side of camp and I take off running in her direction. When we get there, Murphy has a girl bent headfirst over a fire.
"Check it out Bellamy, we want the Ark to think we're dying right? I figure we could suffer a little bit first." He says I go to reach for my gun only for Bellamy to grab my arm. "Not around them." He says and I yank my arm away from him.
"You can stop this!" Wells says looking back
at Bellamy. "Stop this? We're just getting started." Bellamy says and I find myself grabbing for Bellamys arm as Wells and Murphy start fighting again and everyone around us starts chanting.
I watch as Murphy gets off the ground with a knife and then Bellamys eyes narrow. "Wait!" Bellamy yells. "Fair fight." He says simply and I shake my head as he goes to hand Wells a knife. "Bellamy please you can stop this!" I yell over everyone. "You want me to stop this princess? You can stop it too!" He yells.
Again, I confuse myself when I realize I'm grabbing for Bellamys arm. We all watch in suspense as Wells puts Murphy in a chokehold and puts the knife to his throat.
       "Wells! Let him go!" Clarke yells before Wells throws Murphy to the ground.
"Hey, that's enough!" Bellamy yells getting
in between Murphy and Wells when Murphy tries to go at him again. "Octavia, are you alright?" Bellamy yells running towards her as she limps down the steep hill.
       "Where's the food?" He asks. "We didn't make it to Mount Weather." Finn says sitting down on a log, clearly out of breathe. "What the hell happened out there?" Bellamy yells. "We were attacked." Clarke says and everyone around us goes dead silent. "Attacked? By what?" Wells asks. "Not what. Who. It turns out, when the last man from the ground died on the Ark, he wasn't the last grounder." Finn explains. "It's true. Everything we thought we knew about the ground is wrong. There are people here, survivors. The good new is, that means we can survive. Radiation won't kill us." Clarke says to everyone. "Okay, but the grounders will?" I ask and she nods at me. "Where's Jasper?" I ask looking between all of them.
"Jasper was hit," Clarke sighs. "They took him." She says. "Where's your wristband?" She asks Wells, grabbing onto his hand and he looks up at Bellamy." Ask him.
      "How many?" Clarke asks. "24 and counting." Murphy says. "You idiots, we need their help with whatever is out there. If you take off your wristbands you're not just killing them. You're killing us!" She says
"We're stronger than you think. Don't listen to her. She's one of the privileged. If they come down here she'll have it good. How many of you can say the same? We can take care of ourselves. That wristband on your arm? It makes you a prisoner. We are not prisoners anymore. They say they'll forgive your crimes. I say you're not criminals!" Bellamy yells, again trying to force everyone to be on his side. "You're fighters, survivors! The grounders should worry about us!" He yells and everyone around starts chanting yeah I just shake my head at him and follow Clarke to the drop ship.
"What do we do now?" I ask her as Monty walks up beside me. "Now we go after Jasper." She says looking over at me.
I quickly grab a makeshift bag and putter empty canteens in it along with some medical stuff just in case. I climb down to the lower level just in time to see Clarke walk out so I follow her.
        "You guys leaving? I'm coming too." Octavia says quickly standing up as Clarke and I approach her and her brother. "No, no way. Sit down." Bellamy says pushing her down as he stands up. "He's right. You're legs just gonna slow us down. I'm here for you." She says look up at Bellamy. "I hear you have a gun." Clarke says and he slightly pulls his shirt up reveal the handgun in his waist line. "Princess there has one too." He says looking at me and I nod in response. "Good, follow me." Clarke says. "And why would I do that?" He asks her. "Because you want them to follow you. And right now, they're thinking only one of us is scared." She says and he purses his lips. I quickly follow Clarke into the trees with Bellamy behind us.
"Those guys aren't just bullies Clarke,
they're dangerous criminals." Wells says and I shake my head no. "I'm counting on it." She says. I look back to make sure Bellamy is following before looking back at what's in front of me.
After hours of walking through the brush
and trees Bellamy speaks up. "Hey, hold up. What's the rush. You don't survive a spear through the heart." Bellamy says. "Put the gun away Bellamy." Wells says before Murphy walks up and pushes him. "Well,why don't you do something about it, huh?" Murphy says taunting Wells.
"Jasper screamed when they moved
him. If the spear had struck his heart, he'd have been dead instantly. It doesn't mean we have time to waste." She says before Bellamy goes to grab her wrist and I pull my gun.
"Bellamy, let her go." I tell him and he looks at me and smiles before letting go of her wrist. "As soon as you take this wristband off, we can go." He says before she looks back at me and then at him. "The only way the Ark is gonna think I'm dead is if I'm dead. Got it?" She spits
"You call this a rescue party? Got to
split up, cover more ground. Clarke come with me." Finn says, once again swooping in and saving the day, before leaving me with Bellamy. I tune out Bellamy and Wells conversation and run ahead when I hear water.
As I get up to the water I see Finn and Clarke swimming and I quickly fill up my two canteen type things with water before I look up to see Clarke waving me over. After I get to the other side of the water after multiple unsuccessful attempts to stay dry I walk towards Finn and Clarke.
       "He's close." Finn says looking
at the blood on his fingers. "We need to find the others." I nod.
After we find them we follow the blood trail. "How do we know this is the right way?" Murphy asks. "We don't. Space walker thinks he's a tracker." Bellamy says. "No, it's called cutting sign, he was fourth year earth skills." I retort. "He's good." Wells agrees. "You want to keep it down or should I paint a target on your backs?" Finn says before stopping at another drop of blood when we hear a moan.
"What the hell was that?" Murphy asks. And then the moan happens again. "Jasper," I whisper before taking off into the woods. "Reyna no! Stop!" Bellamy and Clarke both yell after me. And then I see him, Jasper strung up in a tree moaning in pain.
       "Oh my God, Jasper!" I say walking ahead of everyone. I take a few steps before the ground falls from beneath me and Bellamys hand is the only thing keeping me from being impaled.
"Bellamy, please.." I say looking up into
his eyes. He stares down at me for a second before pulling me out of the pit. As soon as my feet are safely on the ground I wrap my arms around his neck. "Thank you." I whisper squeezing him one more time before letting go of him.
        "Are you okay?" Clarke asks as Bellamys gaze still lingers on me. "Yeah, totally fine. Now let's go rescue Jasper." I tell her before turning to look at Jasper but instead I catch Bellamys eyes to see he's still looking at me before I step towards Jasper.
"I'll cut the vines off, you come with me."
Finn says looking at Murphy before they go towards the tree. "There's a poltus on his wound." Clarke says and I nod. "They're using him as bait." I say watching Finn and Murphy climb the tree.
The longer it takes the more antsy I get until we hear a low growl. "What was that? A grounder?" Someone says and then we see it a huge black cat running right at us. "Bellamy gun!" Clarke yells as he puts his arm out and pushes me behind him before I put my gun in his hand and Wells shoots it as it jump at Bellamy. "Now she sees you." Bellamy sighs looking up at Wells as Clarke does the same
After a minute of standings there staring at the huge animal Bellamy turns to me. "Are you okay?" Bellamy asks, looking at my eyes. "Yeah, I'm fine." I breath.
• • •
I walk in the front of the group with
Clarke all the way back to camp with Finn and Wells carrying Jasper behind us and Bellamy and Murphy carrying the animal in the back.
"I need boiled water and strips of cloth for a bandage." Clarke says as we walk into the drop ship.
After a couple hours of getting Jasper settled, looking at his wound, and trying to keep him alive I walk out of the boiling hot drop ship.
"Are they taking off their wristbands for food? No-I won't, I won't do it." Clarke says and I shake my head and look down at my wristband. "You don't have to." I tell her.
I walk towards the food and grab
three for Finn, Clarke, and me when Murphy grabs ahold of my wrist.
"Whoa, whoa, wait, wait, wait, wait. You think you play by different rules?" He asks me, a smug look plastered permanently across his face. "I thought there were no rules." I say getting in his face
"Let her go Murphy." Bellamy says, his deep voice booming over everyone else. I look up at him and meet his eyes before walking back to my friends and handing them their food.
After me I watch a boy try to go get food without 'paying' just for Bellamy to punch him. I shake my head and follow Clarke into the trees.
And now, with a full stomach and
a place to sleep I only have one thing on my mind: my dad.