•five•

"I've gotta get to Jasper, I'll need boiled water to make the medicine." I say to Finn as we walk towards the drop ship. "Get Reyna whatever she needs." Bellamy says and I look back at him and catch him staring.
        "It's about time. They're gonna kill Jasper." Octavia says running out of the drop ship. "Did you get the medicine?" She asks me and I nod grabbing ahold of her arm. "Yeah. I-I got it. Come here, we need to talk." I tell her trying to turn her around as I hand Clarke my backpack.
      She pushes past me and walks towards
Bellamy and Atom. "Octavia, just stay there. Please stay back." Bellamy says trying to protect his little sister from finding out about Atom and the inevitability of her losing the first boy she ever loved. "Bell stop." She says pushing past him. I watch, with tears in my eyes, as she pulls the jacket from over Atoms face and everyone around us gasps.
       "There's nothing I could've done." Bellamy pleads. "Don't!" Octavia yells before she leans down and pulls the jacket back over his head. "O, O, please." Bellamy pleads again. "Don't!" She says pushing past him.
       "Lose anyone here?" Bellamy asks as I walk towards him and stand next to him. "No." Murphy says. "Jasper?" He asks. "Still breathing. Barely." Murphy says. "I tried to take him out, but your psycho little sister-" he's cut off by Bellamy grabbing ahold of his shirt collar and pushing him before grabbing it again. "My what- My what?!" Bellamy yells.
I slightly cover my mouth as I watch. "Your little sister." Murphy says before pushing Bellamy off of him. "Yeah, that's right. My little sister. Got anything else you want to say about her?" Bellamy says getting in his face. "Nothing. Sorry." Murphy says
        Bellamy starts to back away from Murphy and towards Atom. "Get him out of here." He says pointing towards Atom before he walks off into the woods.
       After Bellamy disappears into the trees I go to the drop ship and up into the second level where Jasper is to see Clarke boiling some water. "Hey I'll stir, you just watch him." I tell her taking the makeshift spoon from her and stirring the tea like liquid  before Clarke puts some in a cup.
       I look up at Octavias red puffy eyes. "I'm really sorry, about Atom. I tried to save him." I tell her and she nods looking up at me. "I guess we're gonna have to get used to people dying down here, aren't we?" She says before looking down at Jasper. "But not you. You hear me? You're not allowed to die." She tells him.
     Clarke goes outside to talk to Wells so the rest of us, Octavia, Finn, Monty, and I, sit in a circle with some whiskey Finn found in a car.
      "Smooth," Monty says, coughing, before handing it to Octavia. "Disgusting. Love it." She says, handing it to me next. "Can I, uh, get a hit of that?" Jasper asks as I put the bottle to my lips.
      "Jasper!" Monty gasps before we all jump from our spots and practically run over to him. "Let's start with the soft stuff first." I tell him, making everyone chuckle before grabbing the bag of water. I lift his head up and put the water to his mouth. "Welcome back, buddy." Finn says.
      "Was that a dream or did I get speared?"
Jasper laughs. "You'll have a very impressive scar to prove it." Clarke says coming up the ladder. "My savior." He says making us smile. "Thank you for not dying. I don't think I could've taken that today." She tells him. "I'll try not to die tomorrow, too, if that's cool." He smiles looking up at Clarke as Octavia puts her hand on his leg. "Oh, hello." Jasper smiles up at her, putting a big smile on her face.
      After hours of talking to Jasper we learn that Wells was killed , they found him early this morning stabbed in the neck and had two fingers missing. Clarke's taking it the hardest for obvious reasons. We sat in the drop ship for hours while she cried but now I step out of the drop ship to see everyone move around like normal.
    I watch as everyone moves like ants making weapons and building the fence. I stand and watch as Murphy pees on a guy who takes a break. I watch until my thoughts are interrupted by Clarke who grabs me by the arm pulls me towards the work tent.
"Hey, stop. What's going on?" I ask her as she keeps pulling me. "You'll see." She says pulling me into the large tent. "What the hell's going on?" I ask looking up and meeting Bellamys eyes and immediately look down at the table. I grab the knife and hold it in my hand. "Yeah, this was made of metal from the drop ship." I say, stating the obvious. "Wait, what do you mean?" Jasper asks. "Who else knows about this?" Bellamy asks. "No one, we brought it straight here." Octavia tells Bellamy. "What does this mean?" Jasper asks looking at me. "It means that Grounders didn't kill Wells. It was one of us." I sigh. "So, there's a murderer in the camp?" Jasper asks and I move slightly closer to Bellamy. "There's more than one murderer in this camp. This isn't news. We need to keep it quiet." Bellamy says before Clarke tries to storm out but Bellamy steps in front of her. "Move out of my way Bellamy." She says and if looks could kill, Bellamy would be dead where he stands. "Look at what we've achieved. The wall, the patrols. Like it or not, thinking the grounders killed Wells is good for us." Bellamy says trying to convince Clarke of something she's already made her mind up about. "Oh, good for you, you mean. What, keep people afraid and they'll work for you is that it?" She asks condescendingly. "Yeah that's it. And it's good for all of us. Fear of the grounders is building that wall. And besides, what are you gonna do- just walk out there and ask the killer to step forward? You don't even know who's knife that  is." Bellamy says and I put my hand on his arm to hopefully shut him up sooner.
     "Oh really." Clarke says looking down
at the knife. "JM. John Murphy. The people have a right to know." She says before shoving Bellamy out of her way.
      "You stay next to me. You hear me?" He
says looking down at me giving me no choice but to nod as he's already walking out of the tent.
      "You son of a bitch!" Clarke yells before pushing Murphy. "Hey, what's your problem?" Murphy asks her. "Recognize this?" She asks him, holding up the knife. "That's my knife. Where'd you find it?" He asks grabbing for it. "Where you dropped it after you killed Wells." She says quiet literally accusing him of murder. "Where I what?" He asks, Bellamy pulls me so I'm standing between him and Octavia watching everything go down.
      "The grounders killed Wells, not me." He says. "I know what you did and you're gonna pay for it." Clarke yells at him. "Really. Bellamy, you really believe this crap?" Murphy asks him and Bellamy crosses his arms. "You threatened to kill him. We all heard you. You hated Wells." Clarke says getting in his face. "Plenty of people hated Wells. His father was the chancellor who locked us up." Murphy says, an obviously true statement but none of us would've ever tried to kill his son over it. "Yeah but you're the only one who got in a knife fight with him." Clarke yells over him. "Yeah, I didn't kill him then, either." Murphy says glancing around the crowd of kids. "Tried to kill Jasper, too." Octavia yells. "Come on. This is ridiculous. I don't have to answer to you. I don't have to answer to anyone." Murphy yells walking around Clarke.
        "Come again." Bellamy says and I sense all of his muscles tense. "Bellamy, look, I'm telling you, man. I didn't do this." Murphy says walking towards Bellamy. "They found his fingers on the ground with your knife." Bellamy tells him, almost whispering now. "Is this really the kind of society we want? You say there should be no rules. Does that mean that we can kill each other without- without punishment?" Clarke asks giving her speech to the rest of the living 100. "I already told you. I didn't kill anyone." Murphy says getting angrier by the second.
      "I say we float him!" One guys yells and
before it even comes out of his mouth people are agreeing with him. "That's not what I'm saying." Clarke tells them. "Why not? He deserves to float. It's justice." One kid says. "Revenge isn't justice." Clarke argues. "It's justice. Float him." He yells and as he says it everyone starts yelling. 'Float him'
     I look around at all of the angry faces before Murphy tries to make a run for it but gets tripped and everyone around him start hitting and kicking him.
      "No! Get off him!" Clarke yells as everyone around us screams and yells and tries to get their hit on Murphy. I watch as they tie a red rope, made of drop ship seat belts, around his neck and push him down a steep hill. "Bellamy." I say shaking my head. "You can't do this." Clarke yells as a rope is thrown over a tree and wrapped around Johns neck before they put him up on a piece of metal.
        "You can stop this! They listen to you." Clarke yells to Bellamy. "Bellamy! You should do it. Bel-la-my!" He starts chanting making everyone else chant. "No Bellamy, look at me. If you do that there's no coming back. Please don't, don't do it." I yell over everyone's chants, holding his face in my hands. "Bellamy please." I plead before the kid who started the chanting does it anyway. "No!" I scream, trying to run towards Murphy, only for Bellamy to grab my arm. "No, they'll kill you!" He yells. "Yeah, why the hell do you care?" I yell yanking myself away from him and grabbing the axe from Bellamys belt and trying to run toward the tree only to be grabbed and thrown out of the way. "This ones on you Blondie!" Bellamy yells at Clarke.
       "What the hell are you doing! Cut him
down. Charlotte run!" Finn yells, running into the camp. "Stop! Murphy didn't kill Wells. I did!" Charlotte yells and it's as if I feel my heart drop into my stomach my whole body falls and I forget everything and it's like she's all I can see. Clarke takes the axe from me and cuts the rope.
      I pull Charlotte into the big tent and Bellamy follows quickly behind. "Why Charlotte?" I yell at her. "I was slaying my demons like Bellamy told me to." She says. "What the hell is she talking about?" Clarke asks. "She misunderstood me. Charlotte, that is not what I meant." Bellamy tells her. "Bring the girl out now!" Murphy yells from outside. "Please don't let them hurt me." Charlotte cries grabbing onto my arm. "If you guys have any bright ideas, speak up." Bellamy says.
      "So now you stay quiet!" Bellamy yells, obviously not only frustrated at the problem but at Clarke as well. "Those are your boys out there." Finn says. "This is not my fault. If she had listened to me, those idiots would still be building the wall." Bellamy says angrily. "You want to build a society, princess? Let's build a society. Bring her out." Murphy yells.
        "No! Please, Reyna.. Bellamy." She says
looking between the two of us. "Charlotte, hey, it's gonna be okay. Just stay with them." I tell her and she nods before letting go of me. I hold up the tent for them so they can run out before Bellamy walks out and I follow shortly after him.
      "Well, well, well. Look who decided to join us." Murphy says walking towards us. "Dial it down and back off." Bellamy says stepping in front of me. "Or what? What are you gonna do Bellamy? Hang me?" Murphy asks. "I was just giving the people what they wanted." Bellamy says, his voice getting lower with every word. "Yeah. Yeah, that's a good idea. Why don't we do that right now." Murphy says turning towards the massive group of kids. "So, who here wants to see the real murderer hung up? All in favor?" He asks raising his arm up and watching the crowd to see only a few people raise their hands. "I see. So, it's okay to string me up for nothing, but when this little bitch confesses, you all let her walk? Cowards! All of you are cowards." Murphy screams at the top of his lungs almost forcing Bellamy to step in.
      "Hey, Murphy! Murphy." Bellamy yells, his loud deep voice booming through the trees. "It's over." He says walking away from me and getting in Murphy's face. "Whatever you say, boss." Murphy says before Bellamy turns and walks towards me.
      Murphy quickly grabs a log and hits Bellamy in the back of the head. "Son of a bitch!" Me and Octavia both yell as we run towards Murphy. As soon as I get to Murphy I punch him in the face making my hand hurt like hell before he looks at me dead in the eyes and punches me back, making me fall to the ground before he turns around and punches Jasper.
      "Come on, let's get the girl." Murphy
says walking towards the tent. Octavia runs over to Bellamy as I grab onto my face and crawl over to Bellamy.
      "Charlotte! I know you're out there and when I find you, you're gonna pay!" Murphy yells.
      After an hour and a half of waiting for Bellamy to wake up I watch as he does so and immediately looks up at me. "What the hell happened to your face?" He asks immediately sitting up. "Don't worry about me, Bell. We have to find her." I tell him, panic clear in my voice. "No what the hell happened to you?" He asks again. "Murphy hit me okay? Now let's go before he finds her before we do." I tell him helping him stand up.
      We run through the woods following her tracks for almost an hour before we find her. Keeping as far away from Murphy's lights as we can as darkness fell over us as soon as we left camp. Bellamy quickly grabs her, putting his hand over her mouth and hiding behind a tree.
      "Let me go!" She yells hitting Bellamys
hand. "I'm trying- hey, hey. We're trying to help you." Bellamy tells her. "I'm not your sister! Just stop helping me! I'm over here!" She yells and I look over to see Murphy and his idiots aren't far behind us. "Charlotte shut the hell up! Are you trying to get us all killed?" I ask her trying my damndest to shush her. "Just go, okay. I'm the one they want." She says trying to push us away. "Okay, Charlotte, listen to me. We won't leave you." Bellamy tells her from behind me as I hold onto her arms.
"Please, Reyna." She pleads again forcing me to shake my head before Bellamy picks her up and she starts yelling again. "Murphy, I'm over here!"
      "Come on out Charlotte! Come on out." Murphy yells. "No, no! Murphy!" She yells again. We run until we get to the edge of a cliff.
      "Bellamy you can't fight all of us." Murphy says, finally catching up with us. "Maybe not. But I guarantee I'll take a few of you with me." Bellamy says. "Murphy, this has gone too far." I say wiping the wet hair from my face. Bellamy grabs onto my arm when I try to step forward. "Oh, I see. The king and the queen huh?" Murphy chuckles after looking down at Bellamys hand on my arm. "Just calm down and we'll talk about this." I tell him glancing back at Charlotte. Murphy grabs ahold of me and turns me around putting a knife to my throat in a heartbeat.
      "What're you gonna do now, huh? I got the queen!" Murphy yells. "Murphy, let her go." Bellamy says. "I am sick and tired of listening to you talk!" Murphy yells at me. "Let her go!" Bellamy yells. "I will slit her fucking throat!" Murphy yells back.
      "No, please. Please don't hurt her."
Charlotte pleads. "Don't hurt her? Okay I'll make you a deal. You come with me right now, I will let her go." Murphy says tapping on my shoulder. "Please Charlotte don't do it." I tell her. "Don't do it, Charlotte." I tell her as she goes to step forward but Bellamy pushes her back. "No! No, I have to!" Charlotte yells. "Murphy, this is not happening." Bellamy yells. "I can't let any of you get hurt anymore. Not because of me. Not after what I did." She says and I shake my head. "Charlotte!" I yell as I watch her jump from the edge of the cliff. "No!" Bellamy yells. "No, no, no! No!" I cry on my hands and knees looking over the edge and the more I think about it the tighter my chest gets.
      "Bellamy." Murphy says before Bellamy runs towards himself attacks him onto the ground and starts punching him. "Bellamy, stop! You'll kill him!" I yell. "Bellamy it's over!" I yell again, pulling him off of Murphy. "Get off me! He deserves to die!" Bellamy yells and I get in front of him.
"No, Bellamy! We don't decide who lives and dies! Not down here!" I yell back up him. "So help me god, if you say the people have a right to decide-" he says as I cut him off. "No, Clarke was wrong to think that, you were right. Sometimes it's dangerous to tell people the truth. But if we're gonna survive down here, we can't just live by whatever the hell we want. We need rules." I tell him.
      "And who makes those rules, huh, you?" He asks with tears in his eyes. "For now, we make the rules. Okay? Me and you." I tell him. "So, what, then? We just take him back and pretend like it never happened?" He asks.
      "No!" I yell back at him before looking back at Murphy who still lays on the ground trying to catch his breath. "We banish him." I tell him and as I look up at Bellamy I can't help but think when the hell I stopped hating him and started actually liking him
      "Get up!" Bellamy says, picking Murphy up by his shirt collar and pushing him towards the edge of the cliff. "Bellamy don't!" I yell after him. "If I ever catch you near camp, we'll be back here. Understand?" He says before pushing him into the ground and away from the cliff. "As for the four of you. You can come back and follow me, or go off with him to die. Your choice." He says intertwining his fingers with mine and walking back towards camp.
      "You did good, Bellamy" I sigh.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Just you be clear this is the last chapter we that I've edited so far. So if you read beyond this point it might suck a little🤣