•fifteen•

After a while I walk into the Ark to where they took Bellamy. "I need to see him." I tell Kane. "He listens to me, he won't to you. Look-" I start before he cuts me off. "I am in charge, he will listen to me." Kane says. "You came down here in the middle of a war that we won by the way. Without you, we are all we had." I tell him. "You're just a kid, you can't lead an army." He tells me. "That didn't stop you from sending me down here. My point is, Bellamy and I, we were their leaders. We kept them safe and when things went wrong we made the hard and tough decisions. Not you or Jaha or Abby. Me... Him, we did that. He's behind that door because Murphy hanged me, in front of him to get back of him. This bruise as these cuts around my neck are from a seat belt on the drop ship that Murphy made Bellamy tie into a noose and put around my neck. Murphy kicked the crate from under my feet and Bellamy is the one locked up." I say, my dad now among the me I'm lecturing to. "Please, just let me in." I plead and Kane looks me up and down before nodding and the door opens.
         "Bellamy." I say making him turn around before he walks towards me and picks me up in a hug. "You're gonna be okay. I talked to them. I told them what Murphy did." I tell him before he kisses me. "I'm so happy you're alive." I breath hugging his neck while I stand on my top toes to do it.
         "Ahem." A males voice speaks up. I turn around to see my dad, another guardsmen, and Kane. "I told you to protect her, not love her up so you can leave her." My dad says. "I didn't mean to." Bellamy tells him as I still stand in front of him. "Didn't mean to what?" My dad asks still standing a good ten feet away. I feel Bellamy tense up behind me. "That's enough. Now, you said there were hundreds of grounders attacking. Two, three hundred?" Kane asks. "We didn't exactly count." Bellamy spits at him. "Reyna, why do you think they attacked? What provoked them?" Kane asks me.
         "We were here. That was enough. We went to have a meeting and they, well, they were gonna kill me because I was the leader. Look, we're wasting time. The others didn't just vanish into thin air." I start. "She's right, they were taken and we need to go after them." Bellamy adds after me. "A search team is prepping to leave. But not before we've gotten the intel we need from you. "I need to be on that team. Please." Bellamy says stepping front of me. "What? No. I just got you back." I tell him. "It's out of the question. You're not trained. It's too dangerous." Kane says and that's what makes my blood boil.
         "Are you fucking kidding me? We're untrained? We know these wood like the back of our hands. We've been here three months longer than you have if anyone's untrained it you." I say and my dad looks at me as if I've lost my mind.
         "Those are our people out there." Bellamy tells Kane. "They're my people too. You want to help them? Tell me what we're up against. Grounder tactics. Their numbers. What kind of weapons they used." Kane says, getting frustrated. "Arrows and spears. Axes. Swords. Their teeth." Bellamy says listing them. "No guns?" Kane asks. "You had guns." He says and Bellamy nods. "The guns we found in the aid depot leveled the playing field. Maybe... maybe if we had more bullets, we could've-" Kane scuts him off. "There were more bullets. The search team just returned from the bunker. Found two more barrels with rifles.. and a third filled with bullets." He says and I feel my heart drop. "We should've looked harder." Bellamy says and I put my hand on his shoulder since he's crouched down in the floor when the door opens.
         "What's he doing here?" Bellamy asks standing up. "Excuse me, sir. Dr. Griffin cleared Mr. Murphy our of medical." One of the guardsmen says. "Put him over there, Major Byrne." Kane says before my dad grabs ahold of my arm and I watch as they sit Bellamy and Murphy down in separate corners of the room when we hear gunshots.
         I look over at Bellamy and he nods at me before I take of running outside.
         "I could've swore I saw something moving in the trees." The man says. "Do you opened fire? That could been the kids!" Abby says before trying to run out. "Abby, no. We sweep the woods. In the meantime, who issued you that weapon?" Kane asks before I whistle for Zeus. "Where do you think you're going?" My dad asks me. "I'm going to find my friends." I tell him. "Like hell!" He says.
         "Unauthorized use of firearms will be a felony under the exodus charter. Is that clear?" Kane yells. "Yes, sir." One man says. "You get to keep your gun. Don't make me regret it." Kane tells me and I nod.
         "I need you to come with me." Abby says and I get off the horse and follow her into the medical tent. I listen as she tells Raven about her condition about how the bullet is still moving. "If we don't get it out you'll never walk again." Abby tells her. "Then get it out." Raven tells her and I shake my head. "You'll feel everything. They don't have any medicine, Raven." I tell her. "It could kill you." Abby tells her. "She's right, we have no equipment. We have no anesthesia." Abby tells her. "Will I walk again?" Raven asks her. "Maybe, but it's like Reyna said. You'd be awake the whole time, you'd feel everything." Abby says, repeating what I said. "Sign me up." She mumbles and I shake my head and run my hand through my hair, pushing it out of my face.
         "Wait, Raven, you could die." Finn yells her and she squeezes my hand. "In zero-g I didn't need my legs. Down here, I do." She says as tears begin to fall from her eyes. "Take it out."
         After a couple minutes of preparation I sit in front of her face as she lays on her stomach while Jackson outlines the bruise with a black marker. I hold her and and push her hair off of her forehead  and then playing with it, trying to calm her down.
         "We're almost ready." Abby whispers in her ear. I watch as Abby connects her to an IV drip and Jackson buckled a seatbelt around her back so she can't move. She stares up at me as Abby puts the knife to her back and her breathing gets heavier. "Stop!" She yells making all of us jump. "I'm so scared." She whispers and I nod before I start humming the same lullaby I did to Atom when I found him trying to calm her down. "Look at me. Okay, just keep looking at me." I tell her as she readjusts her hand in mine and starts crying before she nods up at me. I look up at Abby who stares down at me.
         "She's ready." I mumble. She looks up at me and starts screaming as soon as the knife is pushed into her skin her screams are all that can be heard.
         After what feels like hours of torment Raven passes out front the pain. "She's done." Abby says putting the last stitch in her back. I lay my head down next to her.
         "Here, I'll take over." Finn says and I look up at him and nod before standing up and walking out of the medical tent.
         After a while of looking around darkness falls over the camp and Finn and Monroe come up to me. "We're going to find outrage friends you coming?" Finn asks. "Hell yeah." I say. "Get your things and the horse and we'll meet behind the ship." Finn says and I nod before running and grabbing my bag off the horses saddle and pulling my gun over my shoulder before I pat the horses neck. "I'll be back." I whisper before running back behind the ship.
         After a couple minutes of waiting I turn to see Sterling, Monroe, Finn, Murphy, and Bellamy. My breath hitches in my throat when I see him and I smile before he runs up and hugs me. "Are you okay?" I ask him as he puts me back down and he nods. "Yeah, but we need to go." He says to everyone and we all nod before running out.
         "Do you think anyone saw us?" Sterling asks. "I don't know, stay quiet and low." Finn says as we get into the trees before we're stopped by some flashlights. We all stand completely still, looking up at the two guardsmen and as my vision becomes clear I see Miller's dad, Abby, and my dad all standing in front of us.
         "You're late." Abby says. "Bellamy decided to bring company." Finn says. "He's the only person that's been in their camp." Bellamy says and Abby nods before we all get a gun so I have two. My rifle and the hand gun Abby gives me.
         "Find my son, Nathan Miller." The guardsman says. "Bring them home." Abby says and we all nod and as we go to walk by, my dad grabs ahold of Bellamys arm. "You bring my daughter back home. You keep her safe." He tells Bellamy. Bellamy looks down at me and nods. "Yes sir."
         We quickly walk past them and into the darkness of the woods.... here we go again.