•fourteen•

"Stay low and quiet." I tell Raven as we hear footsteps from outside the drop ship. It's been a full day since the attack, since our people were taken by the Mountain Men.
        I hide me and Raven until the grounder walks into the drop ship, his footsteps getting louder with every step he takes when he rolls Raven over I jump up from behind the crate and shoot him right in the head. "Raven! Are you okay?" I ask, quickly jumping over the crate and getting on my knees next to her.
        "We saw the Ark come down. They have to be around her somewhere. I can call the horse back and we can go look for them." I tell her and she shakes her head. "I won't be able to make it. I'll die on the way there." She says. "And you'll die if we stay here waiting around. Raven, we have to try." I tell her and as she opens her mouth to speak someone walks up the metal ramp of the drop ship door.
          I quickly pick up my gun and stand up pointing it at them. "Whoa! Hey, Reyna don't shoot." Murphy says stepping out from behind the curtains and when I see him, his face, the arms he used to pull the rope, the leg he used to push the crate out from under me my blood runs cold and all I can see is him. "You hung me Murphy!" I yell. "I know, I know I-" I cut him off. "I tried to save you." I hiss. "You shot Raven!" I spit. "I know just please don't-" he's cut off by the click of my gun.
          His breathing becomes shakey before he hobbles over to the wall and sits down. "Yeah, I would've shot me too." He says before my legs fall out from under me. I haven't eaten or slept in the last 72 hours and also, I'm those three days I was choked to the point of gasping for air and hung and my body's really starting to feel it. " I left a pretty little bruise around your neck, huh, Princess?" He smirks at me. "Pervert." I say spitting at him.
         We sit in silence for a while as Murphy tries to free himself from the ropes he has around his wrists. "What're you doing here, Murphy?" Raven asks him as I look through the crates and find another gun and check to see it has over a half a clip of bullets still in it. "Dying. Same as you." He says as I find some water. "Oh my God, here Raven. Drink." I says holding her head up so she can get a drink of the water and when she's done I take a drink and give the rest to Murphy.
         "Speak for yourself." Raven groans as she tries to shift herself into a different position on the floor. "How many more are out there?" I ask him. "None. You fried them all. The only reason this one survived is because they left him behind to guard me." Murphy says. I look over at Raven when she starts coughing to see blood pour from her mouth. "Holy shit. Roll over. Come on, lie on your side." I tell her and she does. Once it's over I wipe the blood off of her face. "You're okay." I sigh leaning back against the crate with Murphy next to me since he ran over to try and help Raven. "Why're you helping us?" I ask him. "I don't want to die alone." He tells me and I nod. "Me neither." I tell him, putting my head on his shoulder.
          "What's wrong with her?" He asks. "You shot her in the stomach, we couldn't get the bullet out so we cauterized it. The bullet moved and is pushing against her spine making her bleed internally." I tell him lifting my head from his shoulder. "Why haven't you gone to find the Ark yet? Didn't you guys see it fall?" He asks and I nod. "We saw it. She can't walk, her legs are numb. She can't feel them. Every time she moves she's in pain so I've just let her be. A lots happened in the last couple days." I tell him and he nods.
         "How'd you get to be such a dick, Murphy?" Raven asks, suddenly waking up. "I'm sorry for shooting you, okay? Is that what you want to hear?" He asks as I wrap a piece of cloth around his leg to help it stop bleeding. "Let me guess, Mommy and Daddy didn't love you." Raven says and I look at her like she's insane. "No, they loved me." He sighs. "Are you gonna cry, Murphy?" Raven asks. "Hey, don't be a bitch!" I tell her. "Screw you, Raven." Murphy says biting his tongue. "No, tell me. I want to know. How does a kid who's loved by his parents turn into a murdering psychopath?" Raven asks and I just look at her.
         "He gets the flu. His father steals medicine that turns out wouldn't have helped anyway. Gets floated for it, and his mother, she starts drinking pretty heavily after that, and... Last words she says to him before he finds her in a pool of her own vomit is that. Is that he killed his father." He says and I grab a cloth from the water bucket and start to clean his face off. Wiping away the, blood, sweat, dirt, and tears.
         I sit completely still when we hear footsteps again, I watch as two council members from the Ark walk into the drop ship. "You're from the Ark. she needs help, she was shot and she can't feel her legs he was stabbed in the leg." I say before standing up and trying to walk out of the ship but Marcus Kane pushes me back. "I need you to stay in here." He tells me. "Bellamy Blake, do you know where he is, did you find him is he alive?" I ask, bombarding him with questions before I push pat him so I'm outside the drop ship.                           
          "Bellamy!" I yell frantically as the sun hits my face for the first time in 24 hours. I watch as he stand up and walks towards me. "Bellamy? Oh my God!" I cry running towards him dropping my gun and jumping into him. "I thought you gone." I cry and he shakes his head. "I'm not going anywhere." He breathes into my ear before he pust me down and kisses me, holding my face between his hands.
          I turn and see Murphy come out of the drop ship and look back up at Bellamy to see a fire burning in his eyes that I haven't seen in a while. "Bellamy, no. He helped me." I tell him putting my hand on the side of his face. "He also hanged you." He says and as I look over at Murphy he takes off in a dead sprint right at me and Bellamy so I quickly grab my gun and point it up at him. "Back the fuck up, Murphy." I say calmly. "We went over this, okay, remember? Everything's okay. Bygones, right?" I ask him and he stop while the guard from the Ark all raise their guns at me, ready to fire at any second.
         I watch as Murphy slowly backs up and then another member of the guard walks towards everyone with a horse, my horse, Zeus. When the horse sees me he tears up, forcing the guardsman to let go of him before runs towards me. "Hi, buddy." I breath. I didn't think after yesterday that I would ever see him or Bellamy ever again.
         "He's yours?" Kane asks me. "I guess so." I answer grabbing onto his reins. Bellamy stands next to me before Murphy tackle him to the ground. "No!" I yell stepping back and pulling the horse with me. "You murdering son of a birch!" Bellamy yells getting on top of him and hitting him. "Do it." Kane nods before a guardsmen pulls his weapon and electrocutes Bellamy.
          "Place then under arrest." Kane says. "No, you don't understand. Murphy killed two of our people. You see this bruise? He hanged me." I tell him. "I don't care. You're not animals." Kane says. "And what you have yet to realize is that you aren't in charge. I have been the leader since the day you sent us down here to die which by some miracle we didn't. I led my people with Bellamy next to me. Murphy attacked him, let Bellamy go." I tell him. "The Ark is here now, sweetheart. And if drastic measures need to be taken for you or the other 100 to understand that they will be taken." He says. "You still didn't get it. They won't follow you." I tell him getting on Zeus. "Yeah, and whys that?" He asks me. "Because when they followed you, you killed their families and threw them in jail. When they followed you, you sent them to a planet that for all you knew, would kill them instantly." I tell him as he squint up at me and the horse under me moves slightly. "When they followed me, I kept them alive, and yeah sure, there were some casualties but the majority of the kids you sent down here to die are still alive and that's on me... Don't you see how they would fall behind me instead of you?" I ask him and he stands there, dead silent.
         "There are rules, laws. You're not in charge anymore." He says looking between me, Finn, and Bellamy. "Whatever you say councilor." I shrug before Abigail bulls Raven out of the drop ship. "You did good, Reyna. It's a miracle she's still alive." She tells me and I nod. "Go lay her down over there." She tells the guardsmen.
          I look around the ground when I see something shiney on the ground. I slowly fall from the horse and grab it to see Clarke's watch in my hand. I drop the horses reins before I walk back into the drop ship and grab my now useless handgun and put it in my bag before I ring some loose bullets on the floor, Anyas swords, water, Clarke's deer from Finn, and Jaspers goggles. I walk back out to see Finn and Bellamy talking.
         "What's going on?" I ask. "We're leaving, we get reinforcements. Weapons. Then we find our friends." Finn says as I crouch next to Bellamy to wipe his bloody face off. "One question: how many more of us will be dead by then?" Bellamy asks. "Abby says Raven needs surgery or she'll die. We have to go with them first." I add in. "This, Bellamy. This is our only choice." I tell him. "It's time to go." Finn says before I stand up and get on Zeus.
         "Abby, get ready to move out." Kane says and I look over to see her carving something into the wall of the drop ship. "We've gotta get there before dark." Kane adds before I look over at Abby to see her walk towards us. As she walks in front of me I stop to read her message.
                               Clarke, please
                                 come home.
                              22km south/sw
                                                        -Mom
         I look up in front of me before kicking the horse into motion and patting his neck, falling in line behind Abby.
         As the Ark comes into view, I realize I've made my way into the middle of the group between Bellamy and Abby. We walk out of the trees to where to Ark is in complete view and I look up at it in awe as we keep going. When we get closer people begin to look and as I look through the crowd of faces I see one in particular. Once we get to the fallen tree I get off the horse and run towards him in a dead sprint.
         "Dad!" I yell making him turn around before I jump into him. "Oh my God." He breathes wrapping his arms around me. I open my mouth to try and speak but nothing comes out except strangled cries. "Dad." I breathe finally finding my words. "I thought I'd never see you again." He says hugging me tighter before putting me down.
         "I'm sorry to interrupt, but I need you. Now." Abby tells me and I nod before taking one last look at my dad and walking behind her. Before I walk into the tent I whistle for Zeus and tie him up next to the tent. "What is it?" I ask her. "What'd you give her? To slow the bleeding, I mean. I know you have her something because she should be dead." She tells me. "It's a coagulant. The grounders used it. We used it to save Finn." I tell her. "Do you have anymore?" She asks me and I shake my head. "I gave the last it to her before everything." I tell her and then an insane though crosses my brain. "Lincoln. He had to have some. In his cave. I can go and get back before nightfall." I tell her and she looks up at me dead I my eyes. "No, we can't lose you just yet." She tells me.
         Then how the hell are we supposed to keep her alive..