Olivia Wright

My husband holds my hand as we wait for death to come. We aren't afraid, we are ready to welcome death with open arms.

We have lived a marvelous life together, now it's time for the next step, eternal life. I can feel myself slipping away. After all I've done to get here, it's time for some peace.

I've suffered loss, found myself, have had many triumphs, and found the love of my life. I'm ready.

I see my whole life playing in front of me like a movie. But...there's something strange about it.

I don't remember some of these memories.

Probably just old age, I think. But then I see a fifteen year old girl and know somethings wrong.

She is not me.

She's blonde and tall, the complete opposite of me from when I was fifteen. But then I see more.

I see the girl crying because her father has died, I see her making the cheer team, various parties, and then comes the worst.

She's running, just running. She's scared, terrified even. I can't see what's chasing her, but I know it's bad. She runs across the road without looking.

Then comes the truck.

Coming in fast, too close to stop in time, comes the truck. She freezes with horror in her eyes as she waits for the blow. The girl flies in the air and lands hard on the ground. She doesn't open her eyes, they stay as motionless as her body.

This all seems too real, too familiar. But this isn't me, how is this here? Why is this here? Death is coming in sweetly, telling me it's time to go. But then some part of me jolts awake.

Peyton, Peyton Comber

Then the lights go out and I'm left in the dark.

Hey guys! I hope you like the first chapter of IDENTITY! I know it was short but there's certainly more to come, I will try to add on to the story whenever can. In the meantime please vote, follow, and read!
With love, Vanna