Ch 7 - Sunglasses and River

REMEMBER THAT THIS IS 2/2 OF A DOUBLE UPDATE TODAY! IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE FIRST ONE YET, DO SO NOW! THERE'S ALSO AN IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END, SO PLEASE READ THAT!

~

Sunglasses and River

Knowing I could potentially see the Doctor any minute, I decide to pack a bag full of stuff that might come in handy on his trips. I have my toothbrush and toothpaste, a hair brush, my favorite shampoo and conditioner, some rope, a flashlight, some sunglasses, and other necessities. The glasses are mainly for the possible chance we do that creepy eye thing again. Everything surprisingly fits in a purse that I can carry around with me. I never do wear purses, so hopefully my mom won't notice.

"Hayden!" Speaking of my mom. She knocks on my door before entering. "Can you get the mail, sweetheart?"

"Yeah sure. Where are the keys?" I say and sling my purse around my shoulder.

"On the counter. What's up with the purse?" She eyes it. "It's really cute."

"Thanks," is all I say to her. I grab the keys off the counter, tell my dad good morning, and quickly walk downstairs to the lobby. I find our mailbox and I'm about to unlock it when someone grabs my arm and pulls me away. The keys are left in the lock.

"Ah! What the hell are you doing?" I yell at the person when we reach the outside world.

"It's adventure day!" I hear the Doctor yell. My anger flares as I remember last night and I slap his arm.

"Let go of me!" I yell and continue slapping him. He only stops running and looks at me.

"Haydie, are you okay?" He asks confused. I take the sunglasses out of my bag, put them on, and look up at him. I notice he looks younger than he did yesterday, so this is the past version of him. The future Doctor's words play through my mind about not being mad at the past him and I internally groan.

"Sorry, sorry," I tell him and shake my head, "I didn't sleep good last night. Kind of on edge."

"Nightmares?" He guesses.

"What's new?" I sigh.

"Hey, be happy! No need to be grumpy and down in the dumps," he grins and tries kiss my forehead, but the sunglasses get in the way. "What's up with the glasses?"

"Uhm," I stall, thinking of an excuse. I don't want to take them off. "The sun is out."

He looks at the sky. "It's cloudy."

"Yeah, but it's light outside, which means the sun is here," I scoff like the genius I am. "C'mon, let's go to the TARDIS."

He just shrugs and starts to walk again. This time, he holds my hand. A weird feeling shoots up my arm, like the calming feeling of water running up it, but I ignore it.

"So how long has it been for you?" He asks while we walk hand in hand.

"You dropped me off yesterday," I answer. Technically, it's only been a couple hours, but that was a different him. "You?"

"Five minutes." He answers simply and averts my gaze.

"Needy teddy bear," I mumble. He shoots me a confused look, but I don't say anything. We walk down an alleyway and I see the TARDIS parked next to a dumpster. "What's up with you and alleyways?"

"Street's too busy to park on. Too many people would notice. Also, I might materialize on top of someone. Not a good way to start the day," he explains. I raise a better but I don't mention it.