Ch 25 - Untrue

YO READERS YOU SHOULD READ THE AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END I GOT DEEP AS SHIT MAN LIKE I HAVE NO IDEA HOW IT HAPPENED BUT IT WAS AWESOME AND I MAY HAVE TEARED UP A BIT ANYWAYS ENJOY

~

Untrue

I feel myself being dragged back into the TARDIS as I watch Hayden fall down into the tornado. How did it come to this? I just wanted to have a nice family picnic, and now the love of my life is dead. Sometimes I really hate the universe.

Once I'm back on the TARDIS floor, I basically curl up in a ball and cry. How? This was all because of me.

"Doctor," River shakes me. "Doctor, what happened?"

"Where's Hayden?" Amy asks. A sob racks through my body and it silences everyone.

No. She can't be dead.

I quickly stand up, ignoring the tears falling down my face. I look over the console until I find my earpiece. I run over to the door despite how rocky the TARDIS is acting and throw the earpiece down the tornado. My only hope is that Hayden is alive and she'll find it.

"Doctor, what was that?" Rory asks, always a little behind everyone else.

The tornado disappears so I run back to the TARDIS and find the radio. I just hope that the earpiece will be connected.

"Hayden, are you there?" I talk into the radio, but I get no response. "Hayden?"

"Doctor, there's a small chance that she actually caught the earpiece," River tries to tell me. "She may not even be alive-"

"Don't say that," I turn to her with anger in my voice, the tears returning. "Don't you dare say that."

Her response is silence.

"Hayden, are you there?" I try again, but there's still no response. "Hayden?!"

There's some shuffling and static. "I'm fine," I hear her beautiful voice say. "I'm good, I'm - ow - I'm okay."

"Oh my god, Hayden!" I splutter through my sobs, relieved that she's still alive and well.

"It's okay, I'm fine," she says gently, trying to assure me. I nod even though she can't see me. River takes over, knowing I'm not stable yet.

"Where are you?" River asks as I take deep breaths. She's okay. She's okay. "The tornado is gone. We can't see you on the ground."

"It wasn't a tornado," she says and I hear her wince. I take control of the radio again. "It was a teleport, like from the Byzantium, yeh? Tornado Hayden. Ha!"

I smile as I remember her calling all the clerics from the Byzantium 'tornadoes'. "So you're okay? You're fine?"

"I said that like fifty times," she scoffs and I shake my head. "I'm not really sure where I am though."

"Can you at least describe where you are?"

"It's like a prison cell," she says and I hear a thump. "Ugh. I can't see anything beyond the bars because I'm hella nauseous."

"Hella?" I furrow my brows at the new vocabulary.

"That's not important," she says and I shrug.

"Where do you think she is?" Amy asks.

"I have no idea."

"YOU WILL TURN OFF YOUR COMMUNICATOR!"