Ch 20 - Venice and Vampires

Venice and Vampires

I stare blankly at the wall, tons of thoughts racing through my head. Most of them are just "what just happened?" They're are interrupted when I hear a familiar whooshing noise. I look out of my window and see the TARDIS materialising on the street corner. I grab the TARDIS key and slowly walk out of my building, but not before putting on a shirt. When I reach the TARDIS, I don't wait for him to open the door for me and unlock it with my key.

"But I don't want to-"

"You have to!"

"Amy-"

"Doctor-"

"Hello?" I ask the bickering pair. They both snap their heads towards me. Rory sits at the railing chair with his head in his hands.

"Oh, Haydie! You're here!" He grins and bounces towards me. "How'd you open the door?"

"I've got a key…" I look at him confused.

"Ah, yes, right," he nods. He looks down at my pendant. "How are you feeling?"

"Fine?" I furrow my brow. "A little winded and confused, but fine."

"You aren't in any pain or…?"

"Why would I be?" I ask him but he doesn't answer. Instead, he touches my pendant and it vibrates like it does any other time.

"Ah, okay, that's good," he smiles at me. "Okay, off we go!"

"Wait wait wait wait wait," I tug on his sleeve. "We need to talk."

"We do?" His eyes widen.

"Yes, we do," I roll my eyes. "In private."

Amy nods and drags Rory up the stairs. "Okay, tour time." They leave and the Doctor looks down at me.

"What's going-" he's is interrupted by me slapping his face. "What the hell was that for?!"

"You know exactly what that was for!" I huff. "You can't just kiss someone and leave!"

"Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa-"

"What sort of man does that?"

"No, wait-"

"And I wasn't even wearing a shirt! Like what was that?"

"Oh my- just-"

"Well, I did kiss you first, so maybe that was my fault."

"What?!"

"Or was it second-"

"Hayden!" He puts his hands on my shoulders and stops me. "What are you talking about?"

"You know exactly what I'm talking about!" I glare at him. We stare at each other intensely and my façade falters. "Ah, what the hell."

"Haydie-"

I grab his face and bring it towards mine to kiss him. His arms fly off my shoulders in surprise and his lips don't respond. I frown a bit and hesitantly pull back. I can't help but smirk at his reaction.

"Okay, now we can talk."

He stares at me with his arms up in weird positions, his eyes wide and his mouth still puckered. His eyes are slightly glossy and I can tell his brain is working at a million miles per hour. He's almost acting exactly how I did when he first kissed me. And just like how I reacted, he quickly pulls me towards him and kisses me.

Something clicks inside me and I tangle my hands in his hair as I fervently kiss back. He moans slightly and his hands reach down to the small of my back, pushing me even closer. He reaches my butt and I jump up in shock, wrapping my legs around him. He sets me down on top of the console without breaking the kiss. My arms wrap around his neck and his snake around my waist.