Chapter One: Quiet Times

One week before the events in Seattle...
Friday, October 21st, 2016

Y/N's POV

"Shouldn't you be like, studying or something?" Sean said, amusement laced in his words. "You've been on your phone the whole time. Stop putting it off."

I was sat in his desk chair, while he was in his bed.

Looking up I scoffed, "what if my study material is on my phone? Or I needed to look something up?"

"So you're saying that you're actually studying?" He raised a brow.

"No, you were right the first time,"

Sean sighed, "you're going to fail! At least read this bit here." he pointed to the top of the page.

I flicked my eyes down to it, "Nah, I'm good."

"(Y/N)." He squinted his eyes.

I stared back, crossing my arms. "No."

He sighed. "Your impossible."

I flashed him a smile, "good, that's the point."

"Sean!" A younger voice called, but before either of us could get a response out, Sean's bedroom door opened. Daniel ran in, hyped up about something. "I wanted to show you my—" he spotted me, "oh hey (Y/N)."

I gave a small wave, along with a smile.

"Daniel how many times have I told you to knock?" Sean stood up, clearly annoyed, "now get out. We're doing school work!" He put his hands on Daniel shoulders, guiding him to the door.

"But—"

Sean quickly closed the door, sighing. "Sorry about Daniel. He doesn't know what boundaries are."

"Sean he's nine. And he loves you, why be so harsh with him?" I questioned.

"I just... don't want him bugging me all the time. He always barges in my room without even asking."

"Once again, he's nine. Daniel just wants to be around his big brother." I frowned at him. "I know it's not my place but please try to be nicer?"

"Yeah, sure," he replied quickly. "Anyways. Are we actually going to go over this material or are you just here to be here?"

"C'mon Sean. You think I'd seriously want to waste my time studying this crap?" I gave a deadpanned look.

"You're right, how dare I have faith in you." He gave me that stupid smug look. The kind where he slightly raises one eyebrow and looks as if he just won some kind of prize. It's kinda cute.

I mentally slapped myself. Stop it (Y/N), this guy is basically a brother to you. "Oh ha, ha. So funny Sean."

"I know right? Aren't I hilarious!"

"Definitely! I'm almost crying because of your amazing sense of humor—" I went silent, trying to muffle my laugh with my hands. But I soon gave up and let out a giggle, it soon led to a string of louder laughs.