Chapter Five: You Wouldn't Dare

Y/N's POV

Sean took a few moments to look around the area. There wasn't much to observe other than trees and the wild life.

"Hey, I thought we were going to camp." Daniel crossed his arms.

"Daniel's right, lets go before we lose daylight."

Sean nodded and the three of us started walking along the trail. The boys talked about trees, and I half zoned out.

"What if they... A-attack us?" Daniel stammered.

"Hey, you've watched Lord of the Rings with Dad, like... A hundred times! Here's your chance to go on a real adventure. With," Sean glanced at me. "Us."

Daniel hummed in thought. "Hmm... So I'm like, Frodo? And you're... Sam?"

"Uh, well I was thinking more like Aragorn. You know, brave, strong, good looking—"

I playfully shoved his shoulder. "Getting a little full of yourself there."

Daniel laughed. "No way, Jose. You're Sam! Sam! And we have to find a secret cave so we can hide from the Orcs."

Sean sighed. "Okay, okay. Sam I am. After you Master Daniel."

"Would you guys think of me as a disgrace if I told you that I've never watched Lord of the Rings in my life?" I said shyly.

Daniel stopped in his tracks. "You've never— How could you have never watched it! It's amazing!"

"Hey! It's not my fault. You guys never invited me to your movies nights." I argued back.

"Fair enough." Commented Sean. "Anyways—"

Daniel pointed to one of the trail blazes. "What does that one say?"

"To go right." I answered.

Son enough we came across a directional sign. "Hm, the river must be a bit further." Sean thought out loud. "Let's take a look around."

While walking we all made idle conversation as the trail went on.

"Sean! We should play hide and seek." Daniel said excitedly. "Betcha can't find me!"

"No, not right now. We stick together." Sean said harshly.

I frowned at him, but didn't comment on the matter.

Daniel sighed, drooping his shoulders. "Aw, you're no fun..."

Shaking his head Sean continued on without bothering to turn to look at him. "Not today I'm not. Sorry..."

Daniel crossed his arms. "Whatever."

I leaned down and whispered to him. "Sorry buddy, we can play when we get to a safe place. I promise." I held out my pinky, and he accepted the promise with a smile.

"Guys!" Sean whisper-yelled. "Come check this out!" He motioned us over.

"What?" Daniel whispered back.