Chapter 3: Walking Down Memory Lane

He was still gazing at me, like reading my thoughts or something. I reached out to cover his eyes with my hand and said, "Cut it out babe, you're making me melt." He removed my hand. I asked, "Okay, what is it babe?"

He whispered gently, "I've missed you, beautiful."

I whispered back, "Me too, handsome."

He continued, "I missed moments like these with you."

"Same here babe. Am I dreaming, babe? Are you really here beside me right now? If this is a dream, please don't wake me up" and smiled at him.

"You're so sweet my baby girl. You are not dreaming. You are right here beside me. Here feel my kiss so you'll know you're not dreaming..." He leaned over and kissed me. It was a lingering lip kiss. It felt good. It gave me butterflies in my stomach.

When he pulled back, he teased me, "You're blushing, babe. Now tell me if this is a dream."

I stifled a giggle and said, "Yeah, I think this is a dream."

Then he got it and blurted out, "You just want another kiss!"

I laughed and reasoned out, "I am in deep sleep. I want an intense one to feel it."

He slapped me playfully in the butt and said, "You naughty girl!" and gave me a quick hard kiss on the lips (I think it was a punishment kiss with a "gigil" lol).

I laughed again and told him, "Love that babe, you're getting a bit wild!"

He adjusted his position in bed. He lied back with one hand under his head. "Let's save that for later baby girl. We have a lot to talk about. I wanna take this opportunity to make up for the 9 months that we were apart."

"Sure babe. Yeah, I agree."

He went on, "You haven't changed that much since the last time we saw each other. How long was that? Yeah, 9 months ago. Look at you, still sexy, you did even not gain weight. The only thing that changed about you is your hair. It's shorter now."

"Yeah, I cut it last summer. But I think I gained like 3 kilos. I was only 42 kilos before, I'm now 45 kg. You too, the only thing that changed about you is your hair. And you are still thin. Are you eating properly? Maybe you're skipping meals because you're paranoid of getting fat! Why did you shave your head, anyway?"

"Hey, I am eating! I think I'm getting fat already. See this..." (And he showed me his tummy. He tried to grab some flesh from his stomach to show that he has some "fats" but he couldn't because it was tight since he was lying flat on his back).

"So, which part is fat? No, you're not fat."

"Believe me I am. About my shaved head, well, I decided to just shave it because it was stressing me out hiding the bald spot.. hehehe..."

I laughed and recalled how he hated me when I touch his hair.

"Yeah, I remember before you don't want me to touch your hair though I was just trying to comb it with my hand to smooth it out."

"Oh yes...because I comb it in a certain way to hide the balding area, then you ruin it by combing it the other direction. Anyway, tell me about your love life the whole time that we were not together. Did you and your ex before me get back together?"

"No, no we didn't. Though he went back to the Philippines and came to see me but we did not get back together. I dunno, maybe I don't have feelings for him anymore."

"I'm sure he tried to win you back, didn't he?"

"Yeah, I won't deny that he did. He even promised that he'll be good and we'll start from scratch and do it again for the nth time but for the best. I wanted to but I thought about it a hundred times, I guess...then decided that I can't and don't want to do it anymore."