Chapter 1

Once a year
The Sol Dimension faces catastrophe
Many are wounded, even killed
Devastation consumes the land 
But there is a way to stop it
There will come a time
When a princess with the power of fire
Will step to the throne
She will travel to the City of Water
The city of Soleanna
To undo this dreaded curse
To save the kingdoms from yearly devastation
She will blow out the Flame of Iblis
When it is white and its sparks are yellow
When the timing is perfectly right
Destroying the consciousness of the smoke
Thus bringing peace to all the land

• • •

It was a beautiful night. Stars were twinkling in the navy blue sky, and the moon's light made the water shimmer. On the water was a large ceremonial boat lit with flames on the sides. Seven low pillars with large different colored gemstones sitting on top of them surrounded one larger pillar with a candle. The candle was alit with a tiny white flame, giving off yellow sparks. There were dancers on the boat, all with perfect coordination. They have practiced long and hard for this fateful day. Citizens waited on the banks of the river to shoot the fireworks into the sky. The priest, a brown wolf, stood in front of the pillar with the candle.

The princess took a deep breath. It was her time to walk out there and save her world. She wore a beautiful, white slim dress that trailed behind her. Her necklace was gold, just like her eyes, and she wore white heels with golden details. She does not find these types of outfits comfortable, but as a princess, she must at least show respect for events like today's.

She knew the prophecy talked about her from the start. She has been the only princess— the only royal in fact— to have the ability to manipulate fire. She has been treated with great respect thanks to this, though she did not think she deserved it— especially because she almost lost all seven Sol Emeralds and was transported to a whole different dimension. Even after being gone for a while and being irresponsible, her people respected her. She always wondered if it was because of her status, or if it was because of the fact she is the princess to break the curse. She highly doubted it's because they truly loved her. Her new friend from the other dimension may have taught her how to open up to others and not doubt herself all the time, but she still couldn't help but be the reserved feline she is.

"It's time, Princess!" One of the servants in the back of the small dome on the boat exclaimed. "Now is your moment to shine! You'll do great!"

The princess smiled at her servant. The servant, a purple-eyed ginger fox, has always been the kindest to her in her home dimension.

"Thank you, Lila," the feline nodded.

She began to walk forward, stepping out into the open. The people began cheering, and the princess smiled and waved as she approached the bishop. She and the bishop bowed simultaneously, and the bishop, a brown wolf, cleared his throat.

"Today, citizens of Soleanna and beyond," he began, "Is the mark of a new day, a new era. A new era of peace and prosperity. No more destruction. No more devastation."

The people began to cheer. The bishop raised his hand, signaling everyone to settle down. Once it went quiet again, he continued.

"Princess Blaze," he smiled at the princess, "The Guardian of the Sol Emeralds herself, is the chosen one of the prophecy. She is the one who will end all of our suffering. Once she blows out the cursed Flame of Iblis, the kingdoms will flourish and spread good fortune across the lands."

He really is making a big deal about this, the feline thought to herself, Yes, the Days of Disaster were always catastrophic, but we still did fine all the other days of the year. We weren't exactly suffering all year round, but again, aren't all ceremonies' speeches over exaggerated to an extent?