Chapter 6

Blaze smiled when the bars of her cell began to rise. She placed her hands on her hips and nodded to herself, admittedly proud of the pink hedgehog. She kind of underestimated Amy. She began to walk out of the cell and waited for the pink hedgehog to return. She didn't want to leave Sonic's friend all by herself in the base, just in case something went wrong. It already happened to the feline, and Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles also went missing after coming here. All she knew is she can't leave Amy behind.

After a minute or so, the pink hedgehog ran into the prison room with wide smile spread across her face. Blaze nodded at her with a small smile, walking up to her.

"Thank you," the feline said. "I appreciate your help."

"It was no problem!" Amy exclaimed. "I have some pretty good navigation skills. How do you think I chase down Sonic all the time?"

Amy giggled after she spoke, and Blaze let out a small laugh. The feline couldn't help but feel a little bad for Sonic, since he always had to try so hard to have Amy see he's not into her. Then again, Blaze still found it quite amusing when Sonic would try to get away from his fangirl who never quite gets that message from him.

The two walked out the door and tried to make their way out of the base quietly. However, as soon as they rounded a corner, a robot spotted them. Blaze's and Amy's hearts stopped, and soon enough, alarms began to go off.

"GO GO GO GO GO!" Blaze shouted, pushing Amy along.

The cat and hedgehog sprinted down the halls with alarms ringing in their ears. Red lights were flashing, and robotic voice repeatedly said over the speaker, "Prisoner from Cell Seven has escaped."

As the pair was running, Blaze felt a sense of power in her chest. It was a tingly feeling, One all too familiar— it had to be a Sol Emerald. It was even telling her which in direction to go.

"Keep running!" Blaze shouted at Amy, turning to a different corridor. "I feel the presence of a Sol Emerald! I'm going to get it!"

Amy stared at her, her forest green eyes wide.

"Are you crazy?!" The pink hedgehog exclaimed, summoning her hammer and slamming some robots to the ground. "Eggman will find you again!"

Blaze looked back at Amy, a small smile forming on her face.

"Maybe I am," she said, running off.

Amy stared after the feline, hoping she'll return safely. She already had to free her and was close to being caught. She wanted to follow Blaze, but she knew that the princess would tell her to go back and run. Amy nodded to herself and ran towards the exit, leaving a path for Blaze to follow with broken metal robot parts.

Meanwhile, Blaze was zipping right and left, feeling the tingle growing larger. She was getting close. She ran and ran, and eventually the feline got to a room that made her tingling stop. It had to be in there. She zoomed inside and saw the Sol Emerald Eggman found and the Chaos Emerald he must have taken from Sonic. Blaze grabbed both miracle gems and sprinted out of the room, hoping that she wouldn't have to deal with any of Eggman's minions.

The sirens were still ringing, and the lights continued flashing red. Blaze ran as fast as she could with Egg Gunners trailing behind her. Since she was carrying two Emeralds, she didn't have one free hand to aim fire at the robots. The feline was gasping as she ran, hoping to make it out before Eggman found her again. Blaze sped down the halls and eventually found a window. She didn't even think about how high the window was from the ground, she just knew that freedom was just within her reach.

The feline kicked the window open right before the Egg Gunners swarmed the hall. When Blaze looked out the window, she felt her heart drop. She was definitely two levels off the ground if not more. Even though she always lands on her feet, Blaze always had a fear of heights. Just the sight of being high off the ground makes her tense.