The Aftermath

Hey guys! Obviously this chapter is meant to close off the book, so there's no crazy action. So this is basically a filler chapter, just for fun and to give a nice relaxing closure.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the final chapter of the story!

• • •

It was a beautiful day. The sun was shining brightly, a soft breeze was blowing against the rustling leaves in the trees, and most importantly, there was no deity that was trying to wipe out all of time and space, and the null space-rift was gone. Everything seemed to be back to normal.

Well, except for Soleanna. The part of Blaze's dimension still remained on Mobius, but that wasn't much of an issue since the princess could easily send that chunk of land and herself back into her own dimension.

For the rest of that afternoon, Sonic and his friends helped the feline round up everyone who was from her dimension to Soleanna so it would be easier to transport everyone home. Luckily the villagers didn't wander off too far, especially since Mobius is unknown territory to them and it would be risky to go far. Even Eggman helped a little with rounding the townsfolk up (with his own strange methods—), and after that, he just left to his base in White Acropolis to brainstorm ideas for his next plan.

Once everyone who lived in Soleanna was back in their respective town, Blaze made one final check. She asked all the citizens to check if all of their families, friends, and neighbors that lived in the city were there. As everyone was checking again, the feline turned to Sonic and his friends, who were standing there with her.

"I can't thank you all enough for your help," the princess lowered her head as if to bow.

"Of course," Sonic smiled. "Why wouldn't I help a good friend of mine?

"And despite the world nearly ending," Tails chuckled, "It was still great to see you again!"

Blaze smiled, grateful for the friends she has. If she hadn't met Sonic before this adventure, who knew if there would even be a world anymore. She couldn't have saved all of time and space on her own.

"Likewise," the feline replied.

She looked at all of the friends before her. Everyone that was in the time space rift— except Eggman— was there, smiling at each other for a job well done. Blaze took a deep breath and cleared her throat.

"Um, as a thank you, I'm inviting you all to the ceremony in my dimension," the princess said, standing in a professional manner.

"Really?" Amy gasped excitedly.

"Of course," Blaze smiled politely, "But if you don't wish to attend, that's alright— though I would like to see you all when we're not dealing with a multiversal crisis."

There were a few chuckles with the princess's last comment.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world," Sonic grinned. "And besides," he lifted the cyan Chaos Emerald, "I'm kinda required to be there."

"Right," Blaze teased, "You don't have a choice."

"I'll definitely be there, hun," Rouge winked. She grabbed Shadow by the arm. "And I'm making sure he comes with."

Shadow rolled his eyes, but a small smile appeared on his face.

"I think it's safe to say most of us will be there," Sonic laughed. "So until then?"

"Yes," Blaze nodded with a smile. "The flame should be fully white by later tomorrow, so maybe arrive at noon."

"Gotcha," the hedgehog nodded.