Chapter 57: DIO's World, Part 3

"Hermit Purple!!" A furious Joseph shouts as he entangles Dio in his thorny vines. He was going to make him pay! He was going to make him pay for what he did to Kakyoin! "Now, take this! Hamon of the sun!!" He tried to infuse his Hamon with Hermit Purple to obliterate Dio, but before it could even touch him, the Vampire spread a sadistic grin. "You old fool! Out of all the Stands I've seen yours is the weakest!!" He shouts as Vampire easily rips the vines apart. Seeing this, Joseph has no choice but to flee again.

"No, you don't!" Dio shouts as he takes chase again. While Joseph jumps from roof to roof, trying to gain a safe distance from him, Joseph tries to understand Kakyoin's hint. 'Kakyoin, why did you destroy the clock earlier? Wait, you were trying to send me a message weren't you?! But how does it relate to the clocktower?' He thought as he swung through the street of Cairo, passing by the others just a few feet away.

"That was Mr. Joestar! And Dio's closing in!" Polnareff shouts. "Where the hell are Kakyoin and Nemuru?!"

"I don't see them anywhere. Oh no, had something happened to them?" Hikari asked, fearfully.

'Could that be it Kakyoin? Did you figure out the secret of his Stand's ability in your dying moments?' Joseph thought to himself as he tried to decipher the message Kakyoin had managed to leave behind for him. He destroyed the clock with Emerald Splash, but he aimed for the hands. ...Which stopped the clock... Joseph's eyes widen in realisation as he finally understood it. Kakyoin has "stopped the clock".  "No way!" Joseph shouted. "That's impossible!! Dio's Stand has to the power to... Stop time whenever Dio commands it too!!"

"NOW DIE! Twenty-Meter Radius! Emerald Splash!!" Kakyoin shouted as he launches his ultimate attack.

The very second 20-meter Emerald Splash approach Dio, the Vampire summons his Stand. "Behold, The World!!" He shouts.

In that instant, time had stopped all around him. The emeralds froze in place, and Kakyoin and his friends stood still, glaring at him with those determined eyes. Hahaha, such fools. Dio freely moved through the frozen time and easily avoiding all the Emerald Splashes while making its way out of the barrier before getting close to the vermin who dared to attack him. He smirked as he said, "Now witness the power of The World. That's right, I've caused time to stop for you which means you won't see or feel any of this. Now die, Kakyoin!!"

The World moved in and delivered Kakyoin a fatal punch through the abdomen during the time stop. Kakyoin's expression didn't falter in the slightest. He still looked so confident and brave. Not realising he was about to die. "In a way you're lucky. You won't know what happened here, only that your dying." Dio says as he turns to the others. His smirk widens when he took a glance to Nemuru as kicks Kakyoin away like he was nothing. He couldn't wait to see how she'll react. He knew that the reason she can all this way here was to save her mother. Hahahahahaha....!! Such idiocy, had she honestly believed that he won't let that shrew go even if she had done what he asked? How he can't wait to inform her that her mother's been dead for quite some time now.

"I understand now Kakyoin! That's what you were trying to tell me in your message! I'm not going to waste this chance!" With this realization in mind, Joseph tries to think of a plan. Freezing time is bad enough but Dio being able to move around too is a deadly combo! This is unbelievable! Joseph fears that his team may not have what it takes to beat it! 'Just calm down. Calm down and think. I don't know the meaning of the word 'panic'. There has to be a way to beat him and if anyone could find it, it's me!' 

Joseph turned back and stopped on a nearby building when he noticed that Dio was gone. Only him to feel a cold chill run down his spine when he felt Dio's presence behind him. He swiftly turned around just in time to see The World going in for the punch. However, his fist stopped with mere inches from his face. Seeing this, Joseph quickly jumped back away from him. He gave is trademark smirk and said, "Say, what's the matter? Aren't you gonna hit me Dio, or don't you care about drinking my blood anymore?"