And That was Really Lovely

~
She told me that
She loved me and
She didn't love
Him
~

"Adrien, I love you." Those were the words that made my heart soar. I wiped away my tears and smiled

"I have for a long time, since you gave me your umbrella actually. Ever since then I've noticed what a kind, caring, courageous, loving person you are. And I've been shooting down boys all last year waiting for you. And yes it hurt me every time, because all I could think is, maybe it won't happen, maybe I should just accept the next boy that comes around. But I didn't, because I knew I wouldn't be happy and I'd be using them. And that would be selfish." After she gave me this long drawn out confession I didn't have any words. I sat there like an idiot not knowing what to say.

"I don't love Luka." That was really lovely cause it was innocent. I loved this girl.
~
And that was really
Lovely cause it was
Innocent
~

"I love you too."

There was a long silence.

"I'm sorry I pushed you Marinette. I was being selfish." I hung my head.

"It's okay Adrien. I won't lie to you. I'm sorry I started yelling. Let's just enjoy the rest of the party."

I nodded and we walked to the dance floor. Marinette and split up to talk to our friends. Marinette to talk to Alya, and me to talk to Nino. I told Nino all about what just happened, he told me that he would keep an eye on Luka for the rest of the night, he even made a signal for if Luka was approaching me or Marinette. To be honest it sounded like a bird screech. It was not pretty, but at least I would recognize it.

Across the room I saw Luka, he had just spiked the punch. Not gonna lie, I felt like I needed a drink, but if I came home drunk, I would be homeschooled again and have to break up with Marinette. And I wasn't going to do that after what had happened tonight. It was kinda hard to believe that it was only 9:45. So much had happened in 45 minutes. Luka had managed to create a rift in our relationship, only because I didn't trust Marinette. Nino and I join up with the boys and talked about the new game ultimate mecha strike IV. Every now and then I'd see Marinette dancing with her friends, laughing and smiling. After a couple minutes I had managed to catch her glance. She walked up to me and dragged me to the dance floor.

At first I was kinda just standing there. But after a while a slow song came on and me and Marinette danced together. We were still slightly awkward, but soon got more comfortable. Marinette had her arms around my neck, and rested her head on my shoulder. As we swayed to the slow beat all I could think about was how Luka was going to try and take Marinette back. I got more and more angry at the thought of Luka and Marinette together again, I got so mad that I started to tighten my grip around Marinette. Fearing the thought of her being ripped from my grasp.

"Adrien, I'm right here, and I'm not leaving." She whispered in my ear. It was like she could read my mind.

"I know."

After the song ended I kissed her cheek and she went back to dancing with her friends.

At 10 I realized that Marinette had had some of the punch that Luka spiked. This would not be good.

Yes this is a short chapter. I had no idea what to add after the whole fight thing. So I kinda filled it with some slight adrienette fluff. Hope you enjoyed it because something tragic is coming up. The author has decided to do something evil. *rubs hands together evilly*

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Welp,

Thanks for reading!

Tikki Spots On! 🐞 Plagg Claws Out! 🐾

~Unlucky Chat