THE TUNNEL

"Maven" "Maven" "Maven"

Maven shrieked on hearing her name. She turned back to see who it was but didn't see anybody.

Suddenly, she noticed there was a particular place in her room which shone brightly.

As she moved closer to the place, it slid open and there was a "SECRET TUNNEL"

Maven was shocked at this discovery. She slowly and carefully slid down the tunnel and suddenly it closed back.

Maven was shadowed with fear and turned back to see a little girl.

The girl told Maven to follow her
And led her to what looked like an old door.

"Who are you" Maven asked

The girl turned at her, smiled and opened the door with what seemed like a finger.

"You haven't answered my question" Maven said.

"You don't question the one who protects" The girl replied.

When the girl made that speech, Maven continued to ponder over what she said. It rang through her mind but couldn't make it up.

Then, they got to a place full of frozen people then the girl broke down in tears.

"What's wrong" Maven asked the girl.

"My families were frozen by the tunnel god and here they are" The girl said

Then Maven knew why the girl wasn't in a good mood to talk.

"Wait!" Maven said.

"Who is the tunnel god" asked Maven

" The tunnel god controls the underground just like this. We were asked to bow down to him but we didn't, then he froze my family"

" My escape was a narrow one and that was when I met you" said the girl

"I knew you were from the earth the moment I saw you then I decided to help you" she said

" I see" Maven said.

" But where is this tunnel god" she continued.

"The tunnel god is asleep in his chamber but when he wakes, the tunnel will be destroyed"the girl said

"Then how can he be stopped" said Maven.

"No one can stop the tunnel god unless the sacred stone is gotten at the last end of the tunnel" she said.

"Okay enough questions. You need to go back now because your parents are looking for you"  the girl said.

"But how would I get back to the tunnel" Maven asked.

"I would come get you in the night when everyone is asleep but you need some strength to withstand the power of the stone" The girl said

"Okay, go, now go" The girl continued

Then something that seemed like wind came out of the girls ring and Maven appeared in her room.

Maven heaved a sigh of relief and pondered on what she saw and heard.

Then she heard her name and ran downstairs.