4

what am i to you?
____________________

the dorm door opened and closed, indicating that hyunjin was back.

"minnie?" hyunjin softly asked.

"yes?" seungmin absent mindedly answered. he was still thinking about what felix said. as hyunjin came into seungmin's sight, hyunjin dropped his phone on his bed and walked over to seungmin's bed.

"hello~~ i didn't see you the whole day." hyunjin said as he ruffled seungmin's hair and pouted, looking at hyunjin like that with messy hair and a bare face caused seungmin's heart to do a thing and he felt something he couldn't describe.

'is this what butterflies in your stomach feel like?' he thought. when minho or chan would ruffle his hair the boy wouldn't feel like this. was this what people called 'love' because if it was, seungmin wanted to feel it forever.

"minnie...?" hyunjin asked snapping the younger boy out of his trance.

"huh?" seungmin asked, looking up to hyunjin like a lost puppy.

"you were staring at me," hyunjin smiled, "not that i'm complaining." seungmin slightly smiled and pulled hyunjin's hand and making him sit on seungmin's bed.

seungmin hand reached up to fix hyunjin's messy hair, "that's good because
i could stare at your pretty face all day~" seungmin softly said. a light blush crept up to hyunjin's face and he tried to hide it by covering his face which seungmin stopped by smacking his hand away.

"nu-uh! let me see that cute blush, babe." seungmin internally coo'd at the sight of hyunjins flustered face.

seungmin observed hyunjin's face. it was like looking at same art again and again but each time he looked at hyunjin, he felt himself fall for hyunjin all over again. to seungmin, hyunjin was beyond just a pretty face, there was so much about hyunjin that seungmin knew and so much more that he wanted to explore.

as his chocolate brown eyes locked with seungmin's, they slowly but unknowingly leant towards eachother, hyunjin couldn't help but bring his gaze down to seungmin's lips but before he could, hyunjin's phone rang which brought the two boys out of the trance they were in and hyunjin quickly got up and grabbed his phone to answer the call, about to give the caller a piece of his mind.

"yo biOTCH" Felix's yelled through the phone causing hyunjin to cringe and taking seungmin by surprise.

"what is it, you annoying ass hoe?" hyunjin irritatedly asked, moving from the bed and walking to his balcony.

"don't be fucking rUdE" felix gasped and quoted and hyunjin rolled his eyes. "...anywhores, when are you planning to confess?"

"uhh i don't know." hyunjin truthfully answered.

there was a small pause before felix replied, "...just say it. we both know seungmin doesn't care about the location and how fAnCy it is, it's the words that matter to him so, just say it."

hyunjin sighed, "i will."

and with that he disconnected the call. he put his phone in his pocket and rested his arms on the railing of the balcony. in the morning he was confident but now, hours later he was rethinking everything. seungmin rarely showed interest in hyunjin, it was mostly hyunjin trying to which seungmin would reply with a small smile or a witty comeback or in some very rare cases, with heart eyes. when seungmin complimented hyunjin he felt so happy and he wanted to feel like that forever which is why he planned on confessing to seungmin. he was aware of the fact that he might be rejected but he was bottling his feelings up and he knew that they'd overflow and one day he would release everything he was holding in and he didn't want to make that mistake again so he decided to tell seungmin how it feels. how he feels.

"boo." a voice said, startling hyunjin. he whipped around and put a hand on his heart that was beating fast.

"did i scare you?" seungmin softly laughed and asked as he walked next to hyunjin.

"n-no. i was just thinking." hyunjin lied.

"oh?" seungmin smirked. "anyways you must've been lost in thought if you actually got scared."

"i- i wasn't scare- ugh, whatever!"

seungmin laughed in reply and a comfortable silence fell between the two as they gazed up at the stars. that's when hyunjin realized that his heart was still beating fast and he noticed that his and seungmin's arms were touching, not that he minded it. the two were usually comfortable but today it was different, even by the smallest touch hyunjin was nervous. he felt like a small boy with a crush on someone but he couldn't help it, the taller boy was extremely nervous because realization had dawned on him and he finally realized how scary this was. there were so many outcomes but hyunjin wanted to take the risk and tell seungmin his feelings because he was done with holding it in anymore.

just like hyunjin, seungmin was also nervous but because of another reason, because the moment seungmin and hyunjin had before Felix's phone call made seungmin realize how much he actually liked hyunjin. when the phone call ended seungmin was beyond sad because they were interrupted. he thought about what would've happend if they weren't but maybe he was just twisting the situation because of his high hopes.

"what are you thinking about?" seungmin asked, turning his head to look at hyunjin.

"...you." hyunjin slyly answered, shooting a small smile at the confused latter.

seungmin stayed silent for a few seconds in which hyunjin stared at his face before speaking, "well then, what were you thinking about me?" seungmin looked up at hyunjin and blinked with his big confused eyes. hyunjin took in the youngers form and he found it extremely hard to try not to attack the younger boy and shower him with kisses but hyunjin ignored the feeling and decided to just focus on confessing.

"i was thinking of........" hyunjin trailed off as a small idea came into his mind.

"tell me!" seungmin whined, nudging hyunjin.

fuck it. hyunjin thought.

"i was thinking of how much i like you."

1083 words.

*jazz music stops*
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
so uh a cliffhangerjshdjdjdjdj because i'm evil that way ^^

moving on, here's a slightly longer chapter because my lazy ass took so long to post this LMAO this also isn't proofread but oh well

and i hope y'all didn't cringe BECAUSE I DEFINITELY DID ಥ_ಥ

BBSUNGIES