I: Back Again, Gang Orca

Ah, Kyoto.

The oh-so familiar sight of the wooden structure before me brought me immense joy. My eyes wandered around the building, wondering if anything had changed since I'd last been here. I noticed a few small things, like how the little water stream now ran into a pond filled with lilies, and how smaller darts of koi fish flew across the bottom of that pond. For a hero that didn't really seem like the artsy person, Gang Orca sure knew how to decorate.

My feet stepped across the paved pathway, guiding me to the same door I stood in front of months ago, when I was a nervous wreck. I knocked once, twice on the wood and waited, eager to see the sight of my mentor's face. Excitement bloomed in my chest as I heard the sound of clicks on the other side of the barrier.

The door creaked open and I was met with the sight of Gang Orca, dressed as he was usually. A smile spread across my face as I jumped to hug him, grateful to see the pro hero again. I felt his chest rumble as laughter started to trickle out.

"Nice to see you too," he chuckled, returning the affectionate gesture. We separated and he gave me a pat on my shoulder, then let me inside, helping me with my bag. I thanked him and closed the door behind me, soaking in the scenery I'd hadn't had the chance to experience in quite a while.

We chatted about how we've both been and caught up with each other, filling the latter in on what exactly had occurred during our time off. He described an interesting bank robbery that happened about a week ago, where the villain had almost escaped the police until they had accidentally tipped off that the money was in their bag. Gang Orca also listened patiently when I described every crazy thing that had happened in UA, from the strenuous classes to the encounter with Mirio.

"Though as much as I'd love to hear the rest of your adventures," the pro hero interrupted, "I'm going to leave you to change and then you can meet everyone again in the hall." I nodded knowingly and bid him goodbye as I got the case for my hero suit out. I stripped and dressed, fiddling with the newest installments on my costume. Once I was done, I stepped out and walked to the meeting spot where'd I seen everyone last time, turning into a hallway. 

I peered my head around the final corner and found that my eyes met with the gazes of many others'. A moment of silence hung in the air before everyone in their wet-suits came rushing towards me, encasing me in a tight circle of arms.

"(L/N)! You're back!"

"It's so good to see you again!"

"We missed you so much!" I laughed and made sure to address everyone, hugging the many bodies that surrounded me. Bursts of euphoria erupted in my chest, painting the world with dusts of pink. I felt my heart melt at the sight of my old friends and couldn't resist the urge to not let go. 

But before I knew it, the minutes of reunion had ended, and Gang Orca interrupted to get to serious business. I reluctantly disbanded from the circle and listened to what the pro hero had to say.

"Alright everyone, as much as I would like to have this moment last forever, we all have important matters at hand. I'm sure that I have already assigned each group to patrol, so you all know your spots-" One of the guys raised their hand, albeit nervous about something. Gang Orca paused, turning to him.

"Yes?"

"Sorry sir, but you never told us about anything. You said you'd assign the roles after (L/N) got here." The pro hero stopped, staying quiet for a few seconds, then grinned, embarrassed, faced turning a slight shade of red. His tough facade came tumbling down, leaving a quiet and timid man behind. I didn't have a choice of not disregarding his looks, only seeing his character at that moment. It was nice to see him so laid-back and "careless" about his persona.