0.

No matter how much she distanced herself, pushed others away, there was always someone who seemed adamant on getting closer. But she didn't trust them, she couldn't. Because she didn't even trust herself. [Name] didn't trust the monster she was.

In a world where eighty percent of the population acquired supernatural powers called 'quirks,' the impossible became possible in an instant. However, what first appeared to be positive, quickly changed into something much more dark. Dubbed to be villains, people began using their quirks to commit heinous crimes. Others fought back, using their quirks to protect, they became what the public calls heroes. It almost became a civil war. Then, a new race was born.

Ghouls.

Cannibalistic monsters that terrorized the world. Their only prey and food source, humans. They used a new organ to kill. They were several forms of this new organ, named kagune; ukaku, bikaku, koukaku, and rinkaku. Most would only have one, if there was ever a case when a ghoul had more than one kagune, it was probably best that you prayed for a happy next life. While the fighting had not completely settled, villains and heroes dismissed their petty rivalry and focused on the true threat. The Commission of Counter Ghoul (CCG) was made. They turned the ghouls kagunes against them, forming quinques out of the fallen. This turned the tides substantially, and the ghoul race and come close to complete extermination.

Ghoul sightings became an extremely rare occurrence, so the CCG felt it proper to disband. There were some that refused to give up, and instead continued to live out their days hunting down ghouls.

At least, that's what my parents had told me.

And so, for as long as I live, I am going to be proof that ghouls are not the monsters they once were. With my half-ghoul blood, I will succeed. But until then, no one is trustworthy, not even myself.