2.

After the orientation ended, everyone took a bus to their designated battle center, my own at B. I couldn't see anything past the incredibly tall wall and doors, but it most certainly was as large as a small city (as some of the other examinees whispered). Before we arrived, we were all given the opportunity to change into more appropriate clothes. I was donned in a simple black tank top with matching yoga pants and running shoes. My gaze swept across the other examinees, spotting both the green-haired kid I sat next to and the obnoxious tall male. The kid I sat next to was trembling harshly, and his face was contorted with nervousness. He seemed to regain his composure slightly, as he too looked around at the competition, mumbling to himself all the while.

Finally, our eyes met. His face quickly turned flustered and pink, and I felt my own cheeks warm slightly at being caught staring. I quickly turned my back to him, unwilling and unready for a confrontation. I heard footsteps begin to walk in my direction, but soon after they paused and redirected to another person. I mentally sighed in relief. Then they stopped again, and I felt the need to turn around. The tall, navy-haired male had a hand on the kid's shoulder, preventing him from advancing to whoever he wanted to talk to.

"That girl appears to be trying to focus." He wasn't looking at me, so they were probably talking about someone else. I wanted to turn away again, to not eavesdrop on the conversation of others, but something compelled me not to. "What are you doing here? Are you trying to take the entrance exam to interfere with everyone else?" I felt my hand clench at my sides. He's here to try to get into U.A., just like you dipshit. "N-n-no, of course not..." The green-haired kid tried to defend himself. Whispers were quick to break out.

"That guy's the one who was about to trip in front of the school gate, right?The one who winced about being called out."

"At the very least, we have one less rival to worry about, huh?"

"Lucky for us."

Like before, I wanted to glare at them, to shout and scream that you should never judge a book by its cover. But I kept silent. I would only be making a fool of myself, I thought to myself in a vain effort to keep the guilt from creeping up. There really shouldn't have been any reason for me to be feeling guilty, but then again, this was a school for heroes, they shouldn't be treating a potential classmate like that. I audibly sighed, turning my head away to instead prepare for exam. It was good timing on my end, because only seconds later Present Mic shouted through an intercom, "Okay, start!"

I was the only one who understood that test started, bursting off into a sprint almost immediately. "What's wrong? One of you gets it! There are no countdowns in a real fight! Run, run!" It seemed to have clicked with the other examinees, because they quickly turned into a mass that was pushing against itself all the while trying to be the second to get in. I ignored them, instead going after any robot I saw. There was a three-pointer directly in front. I leapt into the air and aimed both feet at the back of it bulky 'head.' The impact caused the metal to collapse onto itself, short circuiting any coding that was in there. I didn;t stick around to marvel at my work and decided to take off in a direction that was away from everybody else, that way there'd be more robots for me to destroy.

Eventually I made it back to the main road where started. I had done nearly a full circle, in my wake were the remains of any and every robot that I had come across. Along the way, I found a few examinees that were struggling and nearly injured themselves. While I didn't directly help them, I did exterminate any immediate danger their surroundings posed, killing two birds with one stone.

The ground began to shake, and clouds of dust burst into the air like explosions. I heard what sounded like extremely heavy and loud stomps. Like many others, I quickly turned my head to the source of the noise. From the center of the battle area was an incredibly large robot. Unlike others, there was no number painted onto it. This must be the zero pointer. I turned my body to run away from it like I had planned beforehand, but a cry for help stopped me. I turned back around to see a girl with short brown hair and pink cheeks trapped under some rubble caused by the zero pointer, barely even paying attention to the time call of two minutes. I wasn't the only one who noticed, I could see the green-haired kid also notice the damsel in distress.

The both of us remained still for a few very short moments, unsure what to do. I watched as he began to crouch, and soon, he was soaring in the air straight towards the zero pointer. But I was still conflicted. What do I do?

What would a hero do? What would a hero...

Oh.

I charged straight for the fallen girl, pulling the rubble from the girl with ease. "Please, help me reach him!" I knew she meant the kid that jumped towards the zero pointer as she was looking at his direction. Nodding, I slung one arm around her waist and her own around my shoulders. I turned my attention back to the boy, just barely seeing as his fist collided with the head of the zero pointer. I could hear him shout the word 'smash,' probably to imitate All Might. My eyes widened slightly at the sheer force of his single punch, which forced the giant robot back and fell onto the ground.

He was coming down fast, a deep purple arm and legs flailing. "Hurry!" The girl I was holding onto reminded me. I grunted quietly in response and jumped up into the air so that she could make contact with quickly declining boy. I wasn't sure what this girl could do, but my question was soon answered when she slapped him across the face. I was slightly surprised to the boy float, but decided to focus on myself and the girl as we began to fall instead. I shifted her body so that one of my arms was now behind her back and the other hooked under her knees.

I grit my teeth as we landed on the ground, my feet creating a small crater in the cement. I set her on her feet next to me. She put her fingers together, mumbling a 'release,' and promptly threw up. Thankfully she turned her body away so that I wouldn't become a victim of her rainbow vomit projectile.

I returned my attention back to the kid we had just saved, both his legs were bent the wrong way and one of his arms was completely slack. The smell of his blood filled my senses, and I reeled back in surprise at how good it smelled. I impulsively slammed a hand over my mouth and nose and screwed my eyes shut to hide the (no doubt) bright red kakugan that became my right eye. No! I've gone fifteen years without meat and I will not start today! From the boy's perspective, it probably would have looked like I couldn't bare to look at him - which was partially true.

He began desperately crawling in our direction. "If I can get just one point..." He mumbled loudly. Despite his attempts to try and move, 'time's up' was called. Swallowing harshly, I took my hand away from my face and felt the hunger subside. I determined that it was safe and opened my eyes, turning them straight to the now unconscious boy.My eyes filled with pity, upset that he wasn't able to earn any points, but there was probably nothing I could do for him. If I'm right, then the test overseers won't ignore any rescue done. He probably got some points from that, at least. The other examinees came to the center to see the very boy they mocked before, unconscious, broken, and the robot destroyed by his own hand.

A short, older woman walked out onto the battle grounds, handing gummies and telling 'good job' to the examinees. From behind me, I could hear someone call her the "backbone of U.A."

She walked up the boy on the ground, concern written all over her aged face. "Oh dear, you were hurt this much by your own quirk?" She said seemingly to herself. She bent over and placed a kiss on the top of his head. I felt myself nearly snort at the action, it's exactly what the typical grandmother would do. She stood up again just as someone spoke, "U.A. high's licensed school nurse, the youthful heroine, Recovery Girl! Her quirk is the super-activation of the healing ability."

I watched as the boy's limbs moved back into their original position and his skin change to match the tone of his body. Recovery Girl started looking for more people that may have been injured. "The girl with the pink cheeks got trapped under some rubble, she could have hurt her ankle or something." I spoke aloud for the first time since I arrived. Recovery Girl turned to me and nodded. "Thank you, deary." She said before approaching mentioned girl. I nodded back and took that as my opportunity to leave.

By the time I returned home, it was dark, and I was hungry.