4.

"A quirk assessment test?"

After changing into gym uniforms like told, we had all gathered out to the fields, however, none of us were told what for until just a few moments ago. Being taller than most girls, I took it upon myself to stand behind the front row of my fellow female classmates. "What about the entrance ceremony? The orientation?" The girl with pink cheeks, whose name I still didn't know, asked, confusion laced on her and many others faces.

Aizawa had his back turned to us, and didn't bother to turn around when answering her question. "If you're going to become a hero, you don't have time for such leisurely events." Though being initially confused, I found myself nodding my head in agreement. He does have a point. Villains won't wait for us to graduate. The teacher quickly continued after a slight pause. "U.A's selling point is how unrestricted its traditions are." Aizawa turned his head back to look at us. "That's also how the teachers run their classes."

I could see some of my classmates shift back or straighten at the sheer intimidation of our teacher, including myself. This guy doesn't play around. If he even slightly suspects I'm a ghoul, I'll get thrown out for sure. They might even hand me over to what's left of the CCG for being a 'threat.' Aizawa then turned his whole body so that he was halfway facing us. "You kids have been doing these since junior high, too, right? Physical fitness tests where you weren't allowed to use your quirks." He then pulled out what looked to be a phone that listed all the activities that would be in a regular fitness exam.

"The country still uses averages taken from results from students not using their quirks. It's not rational. Well, the Ministry of Education is procrastinating." Aizawa turned towards me, and I tensed once again. "[Lastname], you finished the top of the practical exam, right?" I relaxed slightly, and replied with, "Yes." I cringed at the slightly nervous sound of my voice.

My classmates turned to look at me in surprise and awe, and from a few students, I could hear the spiky blond click his tongue in annoyance. Midoriya also looked at me in somewhat hidden amazement and I could feel pride silently swelling in my chest. "In junior high, what was your best result for the softball throw?"

I nearly flinched at Aizawa's question, of course I threw all the tests. My ghoul strength and speed would have immediately seemed to give me away, but here I could play it off as my quirk. "Fifty-two meters, sensei." I responded. "Then try doing it with your quirk." He told me.

I quietly gulped but still nodded and stepped towards one of the softball circles. "You can do whatever you want as long as you stay in the circle. Hurry up, give it all you got." Aizawa instructed. I nodded again and decided to do some quick arm stretches to release the muscles. I sucked in a breath while reeling my arm back, before launching it and the ball forwards. As soon as the ball left my grip, it soared high into the air, creating rings of clouds that dissipated instantly from the shockwaves. "Know your maximum first." I could hear Aizawa say out loud as we all watched the speck of a ball fall back to the ground.

I didn't see it hit the ground, even with my enhanced vision, but I'm assuming it did because Aizawa's device beeped and he turned back to the rest of the class. "That is the most rational way to form the foundation of a hero." He said before holding up the device, presenting my score of 8,461 meters. My classmates were quick to 'ooh' in amazement.

"8,000 meters? Seriously?"

"What's this? It looks fun!"

"We can use our quirks as much as we want! As expected from the hero course!"

Aizawa's aura turned dark and I could tell that he did not approve of some of the comments made. "'It looks fun,' huh? You have three years to become a hero. Will you have an attitude like that the whole time? All right, whoever comes in last place in all eight tests will be judged to have no potential and will be punished with expulsion." Most of my classmates blanched and flinched in shock, though I could see that some remained much more calm about it. It was silent for several more seconds, and I spotting Midoriya trembling while looking down at his hands. Poor kid, he's probably so worried right now.