5.

Midoriya had stunned all of us with his new impressive score, though, some more so than others. "Finally, a hero-like score!" I heard the girl with pink cheeks call out. Seriously, how do I still not know her name? I thought to myself. Next to her, Iida said, "His finger's swollen. There was the entrance exam, too. He has a strange quirk..." Though it didn't seem as bad as the entrance exam, I noted that Midoriya's drawback could be problematic. I hummed quietly to myself in contemplation, mentally reviewing all of my classmates and their quirks. If I'm careful enough, then I should be able to hide my true identity. At least until ghouls become more accepted. I glanced at Iida. But... Iida's very smart, he may figure me out sooner.

Too deep into my own thoughts, I hadn't noticed the jaw-dropped expression of the ash blond next to me. It wasn't until a sweet smell and the (light) sound of fireworks filled my senses did I realize that the enraged boy next to had charged towards Midoriya. "Tell me what's going on, Deku, you bastard!" He shouted with an explosive palm extended to the still recovering green-haired boy. But before he could make contact, a grey cloth flung out and wrapped itself around the angered male.

"What the--? These cloths are hard...!" He grunted while trying to escape their firm grasps. I turned my gaze to the source of the cloths. Aizawa yet again had his quirk activated, hair flailing about and the ends of the grey scarf in his hands. "They're weapons for capture made of carbon fibre woven together with metal wire made of a special alloy." He irritatedly spoke. "Jezz... Don't keep making me use my quirk over and over again. I have dry eye." I found myself sweat dropping at my teacher's final comment and sighed aloud. Aizawa then released the still angered spiky blond. "We're wasting time. Whoever's next, get ready."

After that there was only three exams left; the seated toe-touch, sit-ups, and long-distance run. I only had an actual advantage for the last one, so some of my scores were fairly average. My classmates and I had all gathered into one group, most eager to see their final scores. "Okay, I'll quickly tell you the results. The total is simply the marks you got from each test. It's a waste of time to explain verbally, so I'll show you the results all at once. The person with the lowest total score will be expelled." Our teacher told us as a projection with all of our names and scores appeared. I found my name listed in third place and silently released a breath I hadn't noticed I was holding. Curiously, I glanced over at last place. Midoriya Izuku. I furrowed my brow. What? Weren't there some other people with some useless quirks here? How did he do worse than them.

I turned my gaze to said boy, his head down and expression clouded with despair. "By the way, I was lying about the expulsion." Aizawa said suddenly. My eyes snapped over to the tired figure that was my teacher. I can practically smell the lie, you were planning to expel Midoriya from the start. My eyes narrowed in suspicion. Our teacher was a practical man, unless something happened that truly changed his mind, he wasn't one to back on his words from what I could tell. "It was a rational deception to draw the upper limits of your quirks." He excused, sparking an enraged and shocked "What?!" from my classmates.

Not far away, a girl with long and silky black hair that was tied back spoke, "Of course it was a lie. It should have been obvious if you just thought it through." Of course, the gossipy nature of my peers came out and they had begun to whisper.

"I didn't notice..."

"That was a little nerve-wracking, huh?"

"I'll take up the challenge anytime!"

Placing a hand on my chin, I once again to review my knowledge about my fellow students in class 1-A. There are a lot of smart people here, a big difference from my middle school. If I get one on my side, maybe they could help me. But that's going to be difficult. While I muddled over my own thoughts and plans, Aizawa had begun to wrap up the class. "With that, we're done here. There are handouts with the curriculum and such in the classroom so when you get back, look over them."

As Aizawa was walking off the field, he stopped at my green-haired acquaintance. "Midoriya, have the old lady fix you in the nurse's office. Tomorrow will be packed with even more rigorous events. Prepare yourself." He handed Midoriya a slip of paper, which I assumed was a pass for any missing classes, and continued walking

As my teacher stalked off to wherever, I kept my eyes trained on him. However as he rounded the corner of the building, Aizawa's eyes met my own in a side glance, and he viciously glared at me.

Shit...

For the rest of the day, the classes of 1-A consisted of: japanese, japanese history, world history, english, and math. Overall, a really boring day. Now school had ended and students were leaving campus to return home. I sighed while walking, dreading my journey my part-time job. Though the work I had wasn't difficult, business was often extremely slow and I would frequently have to keep myself from falling asleep.

I was vaguely aware of three of my classmates conversing with each other several feet ahead of me, and caught onto the name of 'Uraraka Ochako.' Lifting my gaze from the pavement, I saw the girl with pink cheeks who I had seen one too many times today. So I'm guessing her name is Uraraka. Doesn't that mean "peaceful day?" Kinda cute. I drifted in and out between listening in on their conversation until I ultimately decided to butt out. Instead, I pulled out my phone to look at the picture I took of my course schedule. So I have hero lessons tomorrow. This'll be interesting. It seemed like with every second that passed, I was slowly becoming more and more anxious.

Sorry if this one seemed kinda short. I just had my birthday so I got distracted.