→ six | pursuit

six | "I'm only being followed if I actually want to be followed."

      HAYDEN LOOKED UP AT THE CHRUCH WALL

HAYDEN LOOKED UP AT THE CHRUCH WALL. A thousand thoughts were racing through her head while she tried to stay calm. She didn't know what to do. She didn't know whether to warn Mal and the others about the fact that Ben isn't under the spell anymore, or if she should let it go. But, in all honesty, she didn't really care about them that much. She had more important things (at least to her) to worry about.

"You know, I could really use some family right now." She said softly, her voice faltering a little while she looked at the murals of her cousins. She chuckled humorlessly and blinked really fast a couple of times, swallowing a lump in her throat. "I haven't seen Zach and Pierson in seventeen years, Zeus. Just...please, let me see them again." She sighed and put on a forced smile, her eyes going to the mural of Zeus. "You know, I'll even stop calling you a dick." She offered weakly, shaking her head shortly after. "Alright, I know, I know. That's a bad lie."

"But, really, can you blame me? I mean, you've been pretty horrible to me and my father, so..." She trailed off, trying to justify her hatred for him. It was justified, he just didn't see it that way. Hayden took a shaky breath and started playing with her fingers while looking down at her lap. "Look, this is your chance to make up for it. To make up for all those years of banishment. All those years without them. All those years without..." She stopped and looked up at the wall, a tear falling down her cheek when she saw the figure. "...without my mother." She cleared her throat and quickly wiped the fallen tear away.

"Please." She added in a broken whisper. "Just, let me see them. Even if it's just for a few minutes."

A silence filled the church and Hayden got ready to start throwing curse words at her uncle again, rage filling her from head to toe, when suddenly a loud thunderbolt crashed through the sky. It was only one thunderbolt. She knew what it meant, it meant he'd try. He didn't promise anything, but he'd try. And for Hayden, that meant a lot.

She closed her eyes and another tear fell while a small, weak smile settled on her lips. "Thank you." She whispered softly.

The daughter of Hades and Persephone took a shaky breath in and out. She opened her eyes again and wiped away the tear. He listened to her. For the first time ever, in their 2000 years of existence, Zeus had actually listened to what she had to say. It gave her hope.

"You know, you don't look too happy to be here." She suddenly heard from behind her. Hayden froze and turned around, her words getting caught in her throat when she saw Ben walking towards her. He gave her a sympathetic smile and sat down next to her. "Auradon can't be that bad, can it?"

Hayden chuckled weakly. She adjusted her seat a bit more to the right to face him. "That's easy for you to say. Everybody you love is right here." She told him and added a small smile to show that she meant no harm.