Chapter 22

Killian POV

I walk outside into the dark field and peer around. Agnes came out here just a few minutes ago. I just stopped to let my dad know I was stepping outside for a few minutes. It's too dark to see much, so I call out. "Angel?"

I hear footsteps in my direction and immediately relax. That is until Kansas runs up to me. He's barking like crazy, and begins tugging on my arm. I go where he pulls me, the fear building up every step of the way. We get to the front of the clubhouse and he barks and growls wildly at the road. I frown at the dog. "What now?" He whimpers and settles himself down by the road. I roll my eyes and start to look for Agnes again. As I'm looking, I notice something in the snow. It's a boot. It looks like one of the ones Agnes was wearing earlier, but I can't be sure. The shoe size won't help me much either. I refuse to be prince charming here. That guy was fucking stupid. Just how many girls have the same damn shoe size?

I carry the boot back inside the clubhouse. The party rages on around me, so I weave through people in the crowd in search of Lana.

She's nursing a beer as I come up behind her. I tap her shoulder twice, and she turns with a scowl. "What do you want?'

I hold up the boot. "Recognize this?"

She takes it from me slowly and examines it. "It's not mine. And I hate to break it to you, but something tells me it wouldn't fit you."

"Of course not dumbass, I'm asking if it belongs to Agnes. I saw her go outside a little while ago, but now I can't find her. Then I found this." I explain.

Lana sighs and pulls out her phone. "I'm sure she just went for a walk or something. Let me call her," I jam my hands into my pockets, silently kicking myself for not thinking to call her. Lana puts the phone to her ear. She sits through one ring. Then two. Then three. By the fourth I've lost my patience. She puts the phone down and glances at me in worry. "Maybe her phone is dead?"

I clench my jaw and take off to find Blade. He's not at the bar so I make my way to his office. I enter without  knocking, and there he sits at his desk, scotch glass in hand. He looks up and grins drunkenly. "Hey kid, what do you need?"

I toss the boot at him. He catches it and brings it close to his face. "I could be wrong, but something tells me this won't fit me."

Deep breaths. This is going to take a  minute. And probably the remainder of my patience.

Agnes POV

My head hurts really bad. I half expect to feel chains around me, and see bars in front of me. Instead I open my eyes to see I'm in a bed. In a room. There are no windows. Just a twin bed, an empty closet, and empty bedside table with a lamp on it, and the door. On the beside table also sits a glass of water and two pills. No way in heck am I taking those. Or drinking that "water." 

I look down to see that I'm still in the clothes I last remember wearing. I stand up and begin to look around the room for a weapon of some kind. I could probably use that lamp to hit somebody over the head. I attempt to pick up the lamp, but it doesn't budge. Darn. These people are kind of smart. I think back to what happened at the clubhouse.

Things started to go dark. Then I heard more barking. I fight to stay awake. What if they hurt Kansas? Not my baby!

I hold my breath and ram my elbow into this person's ribs. They groan in pain and the rag is gone from my mouth. I take a few deep breaths as I stumble in the direction of the clubhouse.

I then feel a gun press up against my temple. Shoot.

"Okay, sweetie, here's what you're gonna do," Says a deep voice. Not as deep as Killian's though. Wonder where he is. "You're gonna write a little goodbye letter to everyone in that clubhouse, but you're gonna address it to your little boyfriend."

I nod my head quickly. The person drags me over to a van. I catch sight of something on the bumper; A sticker that says Demon's Blood.

 As I'm writing, a though occurs to me. Secret messages are everywhere. What if I use one of my own?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We're getting close to the end! 

How do you guys think I'm doing? 

Hope you enjoyed <3