Chapter 3 ~ The Search

"There you are slut! Were you out cheating on me again!!" Michael walked up to me and slapped me across the face. I know It looks bad but he wasn't like this all the time before. We had it so damn good before. I was so in love with him and then he started doing drugs, going down the wrong path, and now he drinks his sorrows away. Slowly losing his mind. He doesn't even think that I have a job anymore. Whenever I leave the house he thinks that I'm just cheating on him. Maybe I stay because I think one day he's going to go back to normal and we'll be what we used to be, we'll be happy again. Or maybe it's the fear that if I break up with him he'll kill me vice versa with calling the cops on this bastard.
"Michael, I wasn't cheating on you, I swear." He grabbed my neck and slammed me against the wall screaming in my face,
"You're lying!! Stop lying to me!!!" I couldn't breathe, he was gonna choke me to death.
"Mi-Michael, I-I ca-can't breathe." I struggled to get the words out with my airways blocked. He let me go then dragged me by the wrist and threw me outside then locked the door. I was still coughing from just getting my oxygen back.
"You're punished for being a cheating whore, enjoy sleeping outside bitch." I banged on the door for him to let me in but to no avail. It was freezing outside. I was only in my jeans and T-shirt from work, thank god I still have my phone on me. Who do I call? What do I do? Where will I sleep tonight? I can't call anyone because I used to live in Florida and all my friends and family live there. The only people I have here are Michael and my coworkers at the late late show. That's it! I'll go back to the late late studio. The show should still be running right now, and then once they close I'll figure it out from there. I can just sleep in my car in the parking lot then go to work, it isn't the most luxurious but it's all I have right now. I got in my car and started driving to CBS. Once I got there I tried to sneak to my desk and not be seen by anyone until I heard a very confused Maria Jaconds speak.
"Alicia ? What are you doing here? It's way past your hours."
"Oh, um, yeah I know, I just thought that I could work on some paperwork, I couldn't go to sleep without having it done." The excuse was mediocre but I knew it could work.
"Ok then, keep up the hard work." She said then left the office. I sighed in relief that my subpar excuse worked. After about an hour I got bored with doing nothing, I had already finished my paperwork and have just been scrolling through social media. I heard distant chatter outside the office and decided to check it out, as long as I am not seen by anyone there's no harm in it, right? I approached the door slowly, trying my best to be quiet so no one hears me. Once I got to the door I leaned my ear on it to try and get a better advantage to what is going on outside.
"Yeah, I know, he's so hot," Wow, I never thought I would hear a Maria Jaconds being thirsty. I then heard the live tv monitor outside and heard Harry singing one of the songs on his new album. Oh my god, I forgot he was performing tonight after his segment, but obviously, he would, he's a singer and that's what happens at talk shows. 'Oh, wait- Maria's talking about Harry.' The sudden realization hit me like a punch to the face. I heard applause and a few more of Maria's adult-rated comments about Harry. About 20 minutes past and there was total silence at the door so I decided to make my escape to the roof. Whenever I have my lunch I eat it on the roof here, it relaxes me, but very rarely I come up there to get away from Henderson or any other asshole. I peeked my head out the door and saw no one there and made a run for it. I took the stairs because it was less likely for anyone to take them. I made it to the roof safely and took a seat on one of the benches. I gazed up at the stars and felt tears begin to well up in my eyes. My thoughts were ripped from my mind as I felt an overwhelming sensation of itchiness on my neck. I began to scratch the irritating spot, jump up and yelping in pain. 'Oh shit, of course, how could I have forgotten about my psycho boyfriend beating me up then throwing me out of the house. In the distance, I heard giggling. I looked down from the sky to the parking lot to see Maria laughing with Harry. 'Oh, cool. How much worse can my day get?' At least they are enjoying themselves. 'Or not?' I thought when I saw Maria try to make a move on him, Harry was visibly uncomfortable and was pushing her away, trying his best not to be impolite. He said his farewells to Maria as she arrived at her car and his car was a few was away. Once he made it to his car he began looking around. 'What is he doing?' I thought. It looked like he was looking for a person. Then he found out who he was looking for. Me.