18

listen to the song while reading :)

Luke and Lucia stood there looking at the beauty that is his old ship.

She only saw it once before he disappeared and it was magnificent. You could still see some of the marks from the old war. Her hands ran over some of them making Luke chuckle. Both of them were nervous. This fight was going to be unlike any other.

"It has already started. Can you feel it?" Luke questioned as the air shifted around them. The girl to his left stiffened feeling the anger in the battle. Both sides were fighting for their lives to make it out on top. She hoped that no blood will be shed.

"Lucia, if you don't want to do this, tell me now," He commented making her look at the man. Without warning, she pulled him into a hug. Luke returned it making the girl relax into him. The two of them wrapping themselves in the father-daughter feelings.

She sniffled. "I have too."

The two of them hopped into the ship, which was a very tight squeeze. Lucia had changed into the armor that Kylo Ren had made for her because she liked the outfit. Plus, it would be nice to kick his butt in it.

Her leg shook the whole way there as she gripped her lightsaber. A tear slipped down as she found her old ring under her armor and brought it out, taking it off. It was a bit rusty from over the years, but parts of it still shined.

The last thing on her mind was to take care of it, especially since it was over. Carefully, she slipped it back onto her ring finger. She let out a shaky breath, allowing her finger to get used to the weight again.

Today was the day she was finally going to give it back to him.

Their marriage was long over - even if she didn't want it to be. Through all of her anger, she pretended that it could be saved. But it can't and that was something she had to finally face.

She could see the battle raging on and the red sand spewing up, but Luke flew right over it. Instead he landed next to the falcon. Chewie engulfed the both of them in hugs before allowing Luke to put his ship inside.

With one last look, they ran out to the battle where they found Kylo Ren standing there with a whole army behind him. The resistance was heavily outmatched. Lucia created a whirlwind of sand with the force before the two of them trugged forward.

When it cleared Luke and Lucia were standing in front of the army making the resistance roar with joy. Kylo Ren snarled and ignited his lightsaber resulting in the two of them doing the same. For once, Lucia didn't feel the urge to cry when she was staring at him.

"This is over, Kylo," she stated making the world go silent. Kylo, not Ben. Anyone with ears can see that this was a massive shift. "You aren't going to hurt a single person on this planet," She stated - her voice firm.

"They don't care for you. You said it yourself. The biggest mistake you have ever made was turning your back on me," He snarled making the girl shake her head. When she looked up, he could see it in her eyes.

It made his heart drop.

"They might not care for me, but I'm not going to allow them to die," she explained getting into her fighting stance. "You'll have to kill me first."

Red sparks mixed with her green ones and before they knew it, they were locked in an intense battle. Luke began fighting the ones next in line. "So, these are the famous Knights of Ren. You guys suck," he commented with a laugh as he began kicking their butts.

Leia began ushering people away, a smile on her lips at how childish her brother was acting. Now that was the Luke she knew and loved.

"I, Lucia Kenobi, promise to love you forever and always, to be there when you need me and fight by your side," Lucia spat out while blocking another blow. Kylo Ren's eyes widened at what she was saying, because he never forgot the words.

"Stop it!" He roared as she said, "You will be my one and only."

The two of them danced around the sand, bringing up the red. It reminded them of when they were training in the temple. "I promise you my heart forever and always," she said as she slice a part of his armor off.

She was glad he didn't have his mask on.

"I promise to be your light in the dark and always make sure you take the right path," she whispered as they paused to catch her breath. Some of the resistance gasped when she took the ring off of her finger and placed it in his hand.

He clenched it in his hand trying not to show anything. It affected him a lot more than he thought that it was going too. Slowly, slipping it into his pocket, he began ferociously attacking her. Luke paused in his own battles to watch the girl begin falling at keeping up with the blows.

Lucia gave up and turned off her lightsaber, just in time for Kylo Ren's to go straight through her heart.

"No!" Rey screamed as Poe and Finn held her back, all three of them having tears in their eyes. Leia fell to her knees and Luke rushed over to help her up. The world was silent as it finally dawned on Kylo what he had just done.

"No, no, no," he mumbled to himself as he pulled the lightsaber out of her, throwing it to the side. Kylo held her close to him as she gasped for air.

"Light in the dark," she croaked out as blood began to pour out of her mouth. A tear slipped out mixing with the trail of blood from her mouth. With one last breath, The Last Kenobi died in her lovers arms.

As much as the resistance wanted to stay and try to bring her back to life, but they all left. Only Leia and Rey giving everyone trouble.

They just didn't want to leave her alone here. Leia's heart ripped it into two. Her brother was back, but once again she failed Lucia Kenobi.

Kylo Ren watched Lucia fade away, the only thing left in his arms was her outfit. Tears streamed down his face. He didn't mean to kill her. He was just so angry for her giving the ring back. The ring that held a lifetime of love.

Pulling her outfit up to his nose and inhaling deeply, he decided he was going to keep it. Her lightsaber was gone - Luke no doubt took it with him - but he didn't care. Folding it neatly, he watched as the falcon sped away into the sky.

He didn't even have the strength to scream out at it.

Instead, he turned around and left, holding the outfit gently. No one said a word as he walked away from them. Instead, they followed silently. They all knew that he never meant to kill her, that it just happened. They knew it was something that hurt.

Kylo Ren went straight to his room, locking himself inside. No one dared to bother him, only telling others not to mention it. He looked at himself in the mirror wondering how he became the man he is today. The murder of the love of his life.

He never wanted this to be this way. He just wanted her next to him. Kylo Ren screamed as a ripple of the force destroyed everything in it's path. The Destroyer shook, but everyone went about their business.

The man fell to his knees looking at himself in the mirror. Suddenly, he was seventeen, in his hut at the temple with the love of his life next to him. But in a blink, she was gone and he was back to the twenty-nine year old man who lost everything.

Slowly, he took off the necklace that she had made for him before slipping the ring onto the chain.