oNe

(Niasia Brookes) / Ny- Aye- Juh

"I don't care about none of what you're talking about, Dre" I told him. Dre is my boyfriend of 2 years. And these 2 years have been toxic. We consistently argue back and forth and getting back together and breaking up. I've started to grow tired of it. It's really no point of us even being together anymore.

"If you loved me, you would believe me" he said, looking deep in my eyes. "There's proof that you had sex with the girl. You sound dumb right now" I told him. "Maybe we just need to break up for good. 'Cause I'm sick of this and YOU. Seriously" I said, putting my hair behind my ear. "You dead ass, Niasia?" He asked, getting mad. "Yeah, I'm dead ass. You keep doing the same shit. And I'm sitting here being dumb and taking you back over and over again. This shit here is dead. Bye. Get out my house" I pointed to the door, "and don't call me when those hoes fold on you" I said. "Mane, fuck you" He got up and walked out.

I sat down on the couch and sighed. He was stressing me out way too much. I texted my cousin, Jada, telling her what happened. "You need me to come over there?" She texted back. "Yeah. I could use some company right now" I texted to her. She sent the thumbs up. I got up and went upstairs to go take me a shower before she got here. I took off my clothes and turned on the water as hot as possible then got in.

After I got out, I put on lotion and deodorant then I threw on my Nike elite sweatpants and a hoodie and put on my slides. I wasn't going nowhere today anyways so it wasn't no point of getting dressed up. I  went back to my room and put my dirty clothes in my hamper. My phone dinged, Jada was outside. I put my phone in my pocket then went downstairs to open the door. "My favorite cousin" she smiled and hugged me then stepped in. Jada and I were the same age, 18, but I was older than her by 2 months.

"What were you doing before you came over here?" I asked, closing the door. She sat down on the sofa. "Nothing, really. I had just got done doing my homework when you texted me. How you feel right now, though?" She asked me. I shrugged. "I don't know how to feel, to be honest. I been getting real fed up with his bullshit. I just needed a sign to break up with him and this was it" I told her, sitting beside her. "What 'chu mean? What he do?" She asked.

"He fucked that new girl. You know, the one that's always mugging me? Yeah. And she sent me pictures of them in the bed. This was two days ago" I pulled out my phone and showed her. "Oo. Hell naw. I'm glad you left that bum ass nigga. Don't let me get my hands on him. You know if I call up Demetrius, he gone put a bounty on his head" she said, I laughed. "Surprised you not crying or nothing. You hard body" she said. "I know". She got a text from somebody. She started smiling and giggling lowly.

"Who you texting?" I asked, trying to look at the messages. She leaned away from me. "None of your businesss" she sung. "Naw. It's this boy named Boomer. He in the NBA gang. You ever heard of NBA Youngboy?" She asked. I tried to think. "Yeah, why?" I asked, lifting my eyebrow up. "That's his homie" she said. "And how'd you meet him?" I asked, crossing my arms.