eIgHt

Niasia POV

"Fuck you gotta go to school fa anyway?" Kentrell asked me on FaceTime. I had the phone propped up on the pillow on my bed.

"Because unlike you and them other high school dropouts you live with, I actually want to get my diploma in 2 months" I told him, smiling. He smacked his lips, "Im smart in my own damn way" he said, mugging me. I shook my head, "Anyways, what you do today?" I asked him while flipping through Netflix.

"Went to go see my sons and took them to the zoo. Never again" he said. I frowned, "Why?" I asked. "KD and Joe dumb ass tried to put Draco in the lion's li crib" he said. I tried not to laugh. "You can't take them no where, I see" I said, chuckling a little. "Nah, you can't" he said, yawning. "What 'chu do today?" He asked me.

"Went to work. Luckily, they let me off early. I didn't wanna stay until 10 at night" I told him. "When you graduate, you coming to live with me somewhere else and you ain't gotta worry 'bout working at that li' restaurant" he said. I shook my head, smiling. "You just got it all planned out for 'us' huh?" I asked, looking at him. "Damn right" he said. "That's cute" I said.

"Nini" my momma knocked on the door then opened it. "Who you talking to?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. "Kentrell" I told her. She knew about him but he didn't know I told her about him. "Hey ma" he said aloud. She smiled, "Hey little boy" she said, "You think you can watch Monty tomorrow after school?" She asked. Monty was my little bad ass cousin. Watching him was like signing your life away to the devil. "Yeah, I can" I told her. She nodded then left out. "Now when she see all the damage he causes to her house, she gone see what I'm talking about" I said, talking out loud.

"He that bad?" Kentrell asked. I forgot he was on the phone for a minute. "Yes. Anything he gets his hands on, he breaks" I told him. "Hope you prepared 'cause our son gone be just as bad" he said. I mugged him, "Son? Prepared?" I asked, confused. "Yuh, you gon' have my 4th child" he told me. "How you even know if it's gonna be a boy or not?" I asked. "You see I only nut out boys" he said. I rolled my eyes.

I looked at the time, it was past 11. "How the fuck it's 11 o'clock already?" I asked myself. "Kentrell, I'm going to sleep now sweetheart. You just gone be talking to yourself" I told him. "Fuck you talking 'bout? I'm going to sleep too dumb ass" he said. I laughed a little. I got up and turned off my light and got under the covers. I put my pillow behind me and plugged my phone up. "Goodnight" I told him. "Goodnight" he said. I closed my eyes.

_
9:45 A.M.
"Ahh, here come the bean" Jada said, rolling her eyes. We were in 2nd period, English class. "What 'chall on?" He asked. I shrugged, "Waiting on Mr. Fitzgerald bald head ass" Jada retorted. She do not like that man. "Fuck he do to you?" Three asked. "He always picking on me on purpose. I don't even do anything" she said. "Jada, you damn near the class clown. Second in line behind Clarence" I told her. She always cracking jokes in his class at the wrong time.

"What y'all doing afterschool?" Three asked. "I gotta babysit my cousin" I told him. "Who? Please don't tell me - " I cut her off, "Yes. Monty" I told her, rubbing my temple. "I can already feel the headache I'm about to have" I told her. "The gang tryna go out to the movies or sum" he said. "I'm down" Jada said. "Lucky asses" I told them. Mr. Fitzgerald walked in, adjusting his bifocals. "Take your seats, please" he said. Three went to sit beside Jada. "Since when you in this class?" I asked Three. I never seen him here before spring break.

"I can go to any classes I want. I got all my credits, anyways. I just be roaming around, bored as a bitch" he said. Lucky ass.

« fast forward to end of day

"Ima text you later on when we leave the movies or we gon' pull up on you" Jada said on the phone. "Alright" I said, hanging up. I unlocked the door and walked in the house and closed it behind me. I walked upstairs and dropped my bookbag. Just then, my auntie Tracey called me. I answered. "Hey Tete" I said. "Hey, pretty. I'm outside" she said. "Okay I'm coming" I said. I jogged down the stairs and opened the door. She walked up the steps, holding Monty. He was only 1 years old. She came in and sat down on the couch. She exhaled loudly, dropping his diaper bag on the couch along with his little tablet.