Chapter 9: the wait

The medic had never looked worse, he was closed in the hotel room, crying to himself day after day. He was mentally exhausted in every way. He had never felt so drained from just one stupid stupid little note.

He stopped eating and sleeping. He cried day and night, he was really heartbroken. What was he thinking?? What did he expect by going on a camping trip with a Red?! Did he expect to make a friend? Did he expect to get some juicy secrets out of them? He made a terrible mistake.

Even if a part of him wanted to just run back to the camp, forgive sniper and be held in his arms. The other part was stronger and it wanted him to suffer longer. The only comfort he had was Archimedes, his trusty dove buddy.

He recalled a memory from one of their matches in 2fort. Sniper sniped the heavy then winked at the medic before shooting him as well. An overwhelming feeling of sadness overcame him. He needed sniper, and he needed him bad.

The German ran out from the hotel, paying extra since the bed was well, wet with his tears. He ran into the woods in search for the bushman. HIS bushman. He ran like he had never ran before.

He arrived at the camp only to be greeted by..

Nothing.
Absolutely nothing.

Medic called out to sniper maybe he was around hunting. He almost started crying again, he just wanted to be held in the Australians arms, where he would feel safe and happy, where he would feel like nothing else matters, only him and his little Mundee.

He went into his tent and laid down. Did sniper actually leave? Without even searching for him, all of his stuff was there so, there would be no way he just left like that. His hopes were high that the Australian would return.

He sighed as he grabbed his covers and covered himself, the familiar scent of coffee and medicine hit him hard as tears formed in his eyes. If he hadn't been so dramatic, none of this wouldn't have happened. He would be cuddling with the bushman day and night, watching the campfire while sharing a coat.

He blames himself for this. He blames his stupid feelings for being so dramatic and too emotional. He just wishes he could take back time and just accept the bushman's confession. But noooo, his stupid feelings and anxiety had to get a hold of him. He buried his face in his pillow, and groaned.