Chapter 1

"I don't understand what you're saying" Derek shouted
"Calm down..man ..you know what...we'll talk about this tomorrow i have a patient to attend to now" Dr. Mark assured his friend... "There is a way around this, trust me" he smiled and left leaving Derek dumbfounded.

***

He was thinking, a lot of things where on his mind... . Suddenly the car swerved and all efforts to keep the car on the road were in vain... He had lost control.....just then the car went off the road, The car somersaulted down the cliff and different thoughts raced through his mind, he held his grip on the steering as his mind raced to his sister, his parents, he wanted to wake up only to find out it was a dream.
The car landed with a thud, "aaah" his head hurt, he was still buckled in but upside down. He looked around he could smell petrol...he saw it dripping "o lord" he thought as he struggled with his seat belt...slowly his strength was fading.
He felt something drip down his face to the floor, he felt his head and looked at his hand... Blood.
He found his voice "i don't want to die this way Lord" he heard voices and turned he saw two figures running towards him..... Slowly the sounds were fading and his sight was blur....' Fiona ....' Then he blacked out.

* * *

Derek's P.O.V
"Is he going to be fine" I heard a voice- feminine But with a little hint of masculinity - say
"He'll be fine" another feminine voice said. I tried to open my eyes but shut it immediately wincing... the light was too bright "ugh... what the fuck" i cursed and slowly opened my eyes as they adjusted to the surroundings
"What the hell" I said taking in my surrounding
"You're awake, I'm Doctor Eva, you need rest later I'll come check up on you" a woman that seemed to be in her early forties with blonde hair said.
She turned to a girl "Come with me" she said, I turned to see the girl smiling at me "get some rest" she said and walked out, the girl had dark brown wavy hair that fell all the way down to her mid back, she turned, waved, walked out and shut the door

* * *
Tessa's P.O.V
The doctor gestured to the chair, for us to sit down. My dad sat with Lisa on his lap.
"uhm ... your patient has Focal Retrograde Amnesia, caused by the accident" she said going straight to the point..... and there was silence, like she expected us to say something. My dad and I stared at each other briefly then at the doctor.
"English" I deadpanned, did she really expect us to understand what she said, she laughed
"Well loss of memory.. but this involves facts rather than skills... So its possible that he won't remember he had a car and what kind but he will know how to drive. He might remember his childhood tho, he might not exactly have faces yet in his memories" she stated, then added "so what are you going to do to him".
"He'll stay with us... How long till he recovers" my dad spoke for the first time since we got here today. "Since he was in coma for 3 weeks, he'll probably take ten to twelve weeks to recover" she said. "we can handle it" my dad said comfortably "am sure you can Mr wright... So how's the ranch" she asked and her eyes lingered on Lisa for a while with a soft look on her face.
"It's good we're doing fine" he replied
"Uh.. so we'll be leaving" he said pulling me by the arm as he led me out..geez there's this unspoken tension between them.
"Tessa, you said you saw a paper in the car" he asked me,
"yeah I did.. But it was burnt, a part of it was okay tho" I replied
"Okay was there anything on that part" he asked
"Yeah... it said his name was Derek... and that he has Leukemia " I replied
"OK.. we'll manage that bit.. go home and prepare something for us, I'll try and see if I can take care of few things, maybe get him clothes. " he added as he kissed my head
"okay dad" I said leaving.

***
Derek's P. O. V
The doctor walked in, "Hey" she smiled as she walked in with a man he was bald and huge, he had muscles.. Big muscles and very broad chest he held a little girl of about six in his hands, the little girl walked up to me and smiled, I turned away
"Sir what's your name" she asked and my head snapped to her, she flinched, was she scared of me?
"No Lizzy honey, he's hurt.. Let him rest" the man told her.. Her face softened as she looked back to me "sorry" she said.
As the doctor faced the man, her question played in my mind.... Except I didn't have an answer to it, how do I not know my name... I tried to remember something, anything... I groaned out in frustration. The doctor quickly walked up to me "take it easy on yourself"
"What's wrong with me" I asked
"You have fo.. well you have amnesia.. Loss of memory" the doctor said smiling, "well its mainly facts not skills" she added
"And you find that fascinating" I asked, she looked at me confused, "you're smiling" I pointed out.
She laughed, she actually had the nerve to laugh, in a situation where I can't remember my name or anything.
"well its part of the job" she said still smiling
"Really.. Smiling at peoples misfortunes is part of your job" I deadpanned, she flinched but quickly recovered
"There's good news, you'll recover your memory, there are worse case scenarios but you're lucky"she smiled... yes again..

***
The doctor came in with Mr Wright.. I got to know him in the past two days... and before you ask I never saw that girl with brown hair again but Mr Wright said that was his daughter Tessa that means I get to see her again.. I wanted to but I don't know why.
The doctor smiled at me "well hello" I smiled back.. "Derek I don't want you to be hard on yourself because you can't remember anything" she said with a pitiful look on her face "is it weird that I expected you to smile at that" I asked her, she just laughed and shook her head "me smiling is to lessen the impact of the bad news and offer encouragement" she touched my shoulder "well I can tell you one thing, it doesn't work" I said smiling  at her "on you" she added
"One good thing is... you get to discover yourself, things you couldn't do before or enjoy due to some circumstances, you can do it now... Well you're free to go" she said as she walked away, she stopped at the door
"Derek.... Find yourself" she said and left.
I stood up with the help of the man and went into the toilet, I washed my face and looked at myself in the mirror thinking about what the doctor said , I took a breathe and then stepped out.

__________________________________________
Hey guys😁, I'm sorry if you think the chapter is short, jsyk its long to me, I mean 1293 words, ain't that crazy (I'm very lazy😉).
Am not a doctor so I just did few researches and added made up stuff, plz don't tell😉.

PLZ VOTE AND COMMENT, tell me what you think but don't be rude, so i don't cry🙏, I'm very emotional😪.
Okay... That's it🤗, I love you😘💋