Chapter 5

Tessa's P. O. V

I selected a pair of  jean high waisted shorts that stopped few inches below my butt and an off the shoulder white top,  I didn't want to come off as being desperate so I wanted to be simple but hot,  I don't know why I'm over thinking things its not like its a date, we are just working right?  Uggh.  That kiss last night did lots of things to my head.  I combed my hair and packed it up in a bun added a light layer of lip gloss, picked my purse and my phone then walked out,  I strolled into the kitchen and found my dad there
"Hey dad, good morning" I greeted him "are you going anywhere today" he said absentmindedly "uh... Work" I replied shaking my head, immediately my dad stopped flipping the pancakes "you mean work at the ranch here" he asked me
"No dad... The president called me, he has a business proposal for me that's where I'm heading to" I retorted sarcastically and rolled my eyes "are you trying to kill that boy" he asked me "wh.. What" I stuttered "you know very well what I'm talking about,  I mean you don't look like someone who is going to work" he stated as he burned a hole in my neck "dad these are work clothes" I said as I frowned taking a bite of my pancake "yeah keep telling yourself that, we both know the real reason, be careful that's all, I don't want you hurt" he returned to the pan "yeah yeah whatever,  I love you too" I laughed.

                                               ***
Derek's P. O. V
I was standing in front of my cabin all dressed up waiting for Tessa, I hope I didn't fuck up last night, what's wrong with me I barely know her, maybe I was too forward I'll apologize... Yeah.
She walked up to me looking stunning as ever "hey" she waved "hey" I replied and stared  at her.. Hard " uh okay,  we should start heading out" she said and we walked out of the cabin "well today we'll  be having visitors coming in, I'll teach you how to check them in" she said as we approached a car like thingy without doors the kind they use in the desert or safari "this is four" she said referring to the car like thingy as she brought it to life and started moving "what, why" I asked her "well I really love this and I really love four..... " she smiled and i tilted my head in confusion "four as in the number? "  "no, from the movie divergent silly" she giggled and I smiled "his real name is Theo James or..   something I can't really remember" I said shocking myself,  I looked up to find her staring at me smiling,  I knew why so I smiled back "well I'll just call him James then" we laughed "girl inanimate objects are referred to as her" I smiled "well mine is a he" she flipped her hair just as i laughed.
      "we've got everything planned out for you" Tessa told the family before us as she typed away in the desktop, getting them registered and logged in, "whatever you need just call" I said winking at a little girl of about eight year old girl as she  hid behind her father "oh,  sorry Bella is shy" the mother pleaded. Smiling "oh no,  its nothing to be sorry about" I said walking around to meet the girl "hey beautiful, my name is Derek" I stretched my hand to her,  she took my hand in hers blushing real hard.
Tessa's P. O V
The little girl blushed at Derek "hey pretty,  my name is Bella" she said making Derek's eyes go wide, her parent just laughed  "pretty? " Derek asked raising a brow,  "yeah you're pretty" she said looking down,  Derek turned to me "see,  someone thinks I'm pretty" I gave him a questioning look, he turned to face Bella "you see she told Me this morning that i looked like a pig" he said feigning hurt,  I gasped looking up from the Desktop "no I did not," he squinted his eyes at me "yes you did " I just shook my head I wasn't ready for some childish banter,  the girl just giggled "but pigs are cute" she said and I burst out laughing I couldn't keep it in,  what made it more gold was the priceless expression on Derek's face. Derek just shook his head pretended to cry and the girl walked up to him and wrapped her arm around his neck "I'm sorry " she said pouting, he returned the hug, "its okay" Derek said wiping a stray fake tear "I'll make it up to you I promise" she said shocking us all "how " I had to ask, I was curious  she looked at me and smiled "I'll take him out on a date".
Derek's P. O. V
"I'm still shocked on how you managed to land a date with that girl" Tessa said shaking her head " what can I say I have a way with the ladies" I said walking towards her "Dude she's like seven or eight" she stated "I told you I'm the ladies man I attract anything with a vagina no matter the age" I said winking at her, she just rolled her eyes "cocky bastard" she said as we laughed, "but really she's too young for that" Tessa told me blankly "is Tessa Jealous" I asked walking closer to her "of an eight year old girl... No" she chuckled "okay okay, let's believe you but I'm not calling off my date with her I can't let her down" he pouted, she couldn't help it she burst out laughing,  and then stopped to control her laugh placing her lip in a thin line..... Her lips.... The very ones I kissed last night
'What are you doing' my subconscious asked me
'Nothing' I replied
'You are supposed to be apologizing dummy'
'Oh right' I looked up at Tessa to see her staring at me
"uh,  I want to apologize for kissing you yesterday out of the blue it was wrong of me"  I looked away, after a long uncomfortable minute of silence she spoke "yeah it was" she murmured  folding her arm,  cleared her throat and looked down,  what the.... If i remember correctly she kissed back, I'm so not stating that but two can play the game "yeah I just wanted to put it out there, I'm never doing it again I swear" I replied turning to the desktop keeping the mouse in place, not that it was out of place to begin with.  "Good, uh I'm leaving early, anything you don't get,  Grace can help you with it" I was shocked, so she didn't feel me last night,  it was just in the moment thing, oh.. Okay "yeah no problem" I replied as she walked away.

Tessa's P. O. V
I stormed into the house thank God my dad wasn't at home, so he regretted the kiss and here I was hoping he would kiss me today... Uggh,  was I that bad,  my ex loved my kisses.  I flopped on my bed,  I picked up my doll and started kissing it, I needed to be perfect.
  "Tes... " i threw the doll away flushed and looked up to find my dad staring at me with eyes and mouth wide open I cleared my throat my dad arranged himself and walked in dropping my phone on the bed. "Uh... Derek said I should give it to you, you left it...  I'll leave you now to..... Whatever it is you we're doing "  my dad said walking away.
   I threw the doll at the door a buried my face in my pillow,  "stupid phone" I muttered banging my head
"He had the nerves to touch my phone"  still banging my head
'Uh how else would your phone have come back to you' my subconscious asked me
'Uh.... Grace duh'
I could feel my subconscious face palming but I didn't care, I was beyond embarrassed.  Three words.  Worst. Day. Ever. Maybe not but it was terrible.

                  _______________________________
Okay fam thats another chapter uploaded, jsyk some chapters may be short and some long buh it depends on my mood and the inspiration I get, si fini (is this correct, cuz I'm not sure) 🤔💁 this chapter was just like a filler chapter I needed to upload so💁. 
PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT AND SHARE
also follow me on Instagram, Facebook and twitter. @ Sarah Marshall Jack
Thank you and know that I love y'all😘❤
  Still giving out clues 😉