CHAPTER 3

Tessa's P. O. V
    I poured myself a cup of coffee, I needed it for my nerves, I'll be singing tonight and I hadn't sang on stage since I was seven and mama was there, ever since she died I stopped. We usually invited bands, and other people for entertainment but the band we invited canceled. Oh did I mention we do this annually, my dad hosts this party thingy every year in the ranch, one at the beginning of the summer and one at the end.
    Well today I was singing in courtesy of my ex Buh I'll be lying if I told you I actually felt what I was singing, I was singing two songs one by Selena Gomez, the song actually describes how I feel -Or should I say felt- and that's why It was going to be my first song. My second song was by Demi Lovato, and I felt opposite of what that song was saying, yeah I was heartbroken Buh I wasn't happy for him, I wanted to rip his balls off.
   "A penny for your thoughts" a deep masculine voice said, I knew it was Derek, I turned and smiled
"Nah... I'll pass" I said and he chuckled
"So are you coming" I asked him
"Huh" he looked as confused as he sounded
"To the party... Tonight, my dad is hosting? "
"Oh I didn't know" he sat down
"oh yeah I expected you to notice the flyers littering the place, when you're lost in thoughts" I retorted sarcastically...
"How'd you know"  he give me a puzzled look
"Well someone who isn't busy shouldve noticed it Buh you didn't now did you" I replied
"Well yh I was thinking" he admitted
"You need to stop it'll come in its time besides the doctor said if you stress your mind too much you'll take longer time to heal" I said and when he didn't move I continued "you should come to the party, it'll help you chill" he looked up at me, I smiled, I just made a fucking rhyme, it happens a lot when I'm nervous.

I was a nervous wreck, mama I wish you were here
"Don't be nervous honey, if you can't look at them look at me I'll be at the bar" my dad said placing a kiss on my forehead, at least he understood if I ran out he won't be mad.... I think....  this is really big for him, people who could help the ranch were here and we needed the money.
  My eyes scanned the hall for Derek Buh I couldn't find him but my eyes landed on him....... My Ex.
  I heard my name through the speakers and I walked up the stage, the piano started playing Buh I could hear my heart beating louder, I don't mean to sound dramatic Buh I really could, I knew others couldn't hear it tho.  I looked at the bar to my dad and I saw him talking to someone who turned to me... Derek, he smiled and I smiled back.
                                   ***
Derek's P. O. V
She smiled at me and closed her eyes to sing, I turned to pick my glass Buh then I froze with the glass halfway to my mouth, her  voice was so melodious, I turned to look at her stunned, Buh something was off.... She was sad and then the lyrics sank in.

   You promised the world and I fell for it
   I put you first and you adored it
   Set fires to my forest and you let it burn

she let her eyes open again and continued singing,  buh I just listened like really listened

             I saw the signs and ignored it

What signs....  what the fuck, and then it clicked her  ex. I closed my eyes and let myself to get lost in the song.
When the sing ended, there was a roar of applause but she stood there, looking somewhere, I followed her line of vision and I saw a guy getting cozy with a girl..... The guy I presume must be her ex and the next song started.
              Stone cold stone cold
    You see me standing here but I'm dying.....

She turned to me now

                   Stone cold stone cold
  Maybe if I don't cry I won't feel anymore
                        stone cold baby

Her eyes were closed now

  God knows I tried to feel happy for you Know that i am even if I can't understand

She was sad... I didn't know their story but she didn't deserve sadness.
I felt bad for her, I turned to look at her ex, he was staring at her with lust in his eyes.... What... How dare he, he had another woman in his arms... I made sure to never forget he's a douche bag and he hurt her.

                                     ***
Tessa's P. O. V
  After the song Derek found me "that was wonderful" he said smiling
"Thanks" I blushed
"I never knew you could sing like that"
"Well now you know" I smiled up at him
"Yeah I think I'm getting to know the amazing Tessa" he joked and we laughed
"Well that was relief, Lizzy had me singing All by myself by Celine Dion, it was crazy, my ears hurt" he added and I laughed more then....
"Your ex whats his name” i flinched
"I.. Don't th.. think its necessary Derek" I looked everywhere but him
"Look at me" the sterness in his voice made me look up at him, his eyes we're hard
"Jake Schmidt " I found myself muttering, then he left as my dad walked up to me.

It was time for karaoke, my favorite part if the party. Derek sat down beside me on the cushion, he gave me a bottle of beer and placed an arm at my back, he leaned in and whispered in my ear "let's enjoy the show" I felt his hot breath on my neck and I shivered "now laugh" I blinked once.. twice then "what"
"Act like I said something funny... laugh" he said slowly like i was a kid he was trying to explain something to,  that's when my eyes found Jake and I made a mental note to ask him later how he knew that was Jake... I laughed more like a chuckle
"Come on, are you scared you might sound like a pigeon or you might snort" this time I laughed for real. I choked then picked up my beer.. Then through the speaker I heard "to sing hero let's welcome Jake Schmidt" I spat out the beer from my mouth "what" I shouted out... Maybe a bit too loud, I looked at Jake and he was looking as suprised as i was.
"Don't worry I got this baby... My ex always praised my singing" Jake told the girl beside him as he winked at me... Ewww
"Can he sing" Derek asked me sitting up
"No.. I lied to him" I replied stunned
"Well good" he said, I looked at him,  he smiled at gave me a look that said 'yup I did that' I shook my head chuckling
"relax and enjoy the show then" he winked
"Oh I will" I relaxed
      __________________________________________
Wassup bitches😜.... guess who won the family dancing competition... This bitch😋💃💃.
I'm so excited, hope you enjoyed this chapter cuz truth is you ain't see nun' yet, it gets better😏... This is just the introduction to the good parts🤗 and uhm secret  🤐  I didn't know some parts of the songs so I skipped 😂
SPOILER ALERT....
They get to kiss in the next chapter or next two chapters😚😚😚😚💋❤
PLZ VOTE AND COMMENT🙏