Chapter 7

Your medical team stayed close, monitoring both your progress and your daughters throughout the night. Reluctantly you handed her back to them so they could observe her and check her vitals, and right after they checked you out as well. She was perfectly healthy and so were you, and as soon as you could you were cuddling her in your arms again. Her little eyes were only half open, and she was bundled up nice and warm in her blanket and had a black hat to match. You smiled at her as she became comfortable in your arms, and when you whispered a quiet "I love you" to her, she surprised you by jumping, as if she were shocked to hear that you had a voice. She recognized your voice, opening her eyes wide and letting an excited cry. You ran your finger down her soft cheek, and she began rooting in that direction; her mouth open wide as if she were trying to eat from you. She was the most the most precious gift you had ever received, and you wouldn't trade her for anything.

Taking a step back and looking at her, all of her, you realized that there was no way Kylo could deny his paternity. Her nose, her eye shape, and her lips all favored Kylo. You even laughed when you took a moment to remove her hat and were greeted by a full head of jet black, wild hair. You wondered if she were going to look like you at all, but she was only hours old. You were reaching too far into the future when she was here now to be loved. Your nurses had told you not to blink, because time goes by quick when you're loving your child.

During the rest of the day, you were taught how to change a diaper and how to breastfeed, what to look out for in herself and yourself if you needed medical attention, and you were given a form to fill out in order to register her within the Order. The very first line you had to fill out was a name, and you realized you were at a loss. You hadn't taken any time to think about a name for her. You did nothing but blink at the pink piece of paper as they laid your daughter down in the bassinet next to you after checking her one last time. You were tired, craved sleep after blowing all of your energy giving birth. As your daughter began cooing for your attention there next to you, you lifted your head to find the nurses and midwives beginning to pack up their things.

"Have you filled out the form yet, sweetheart?" One of them asked, but you hardly cared about the form at the moment.

"Are you leaving?" You asked, feeling your lip quivering. You had only been a mother for six hours. They couldn't possibly be leaving you alone!

"We only have orders to stay for six hours after birth. We don't want to leave, but the Supreme Leader's orders were to leave as soon as we thought you two would be healthy." You stared at her, words building in your throat that refused to come out. You had so much to say, so much to beg, plead, and cry, but nothing came out. Your mind was spinning in all sorts of directions, but the only thing you could respond to right away was her repeated question about filling out your form.

"I, I wanted to wait to see what Kylo had to say first." You said, coming up with any excuse you could think of. It was the truth. There was a section that required the father's signature, and you obviously couldn't send the paperwork off without his signature in that box. "But please don't leave me!" You desperately didn't want to be alone. You were still new at this and were still scared out of your mind that you were going to mess something up. You didn't have Kylo and you didn't have anyone else, you needed them and here they were abandoning you.

"I'm so sorry dear, but there's nothing--" The nurse began to say, but was swiftly cut off by your midwife coming up behind her and gently pushing her out of the way.

"I'll stay," She said, boldly and confidently. "I think mom needs some rest, and I really don't agree with how the Supreme Leader has decided to run this thing." She said, reaching into the bassinet and gingerly lifting your daughter into her arms. "Just head back to Brolle without me. I'll make contact when it's safe for me to return." You had just fed your daughter, and topped her off with one of the little bottles of formula just as your nurses suggested. You weren't opposed to allowing her to help you sleep, but you were opposed to her leaving before Kylo came back--if Kylo were coming back. You also didn't realize that they had brought your team from another planet to help take care of you. You thought you had remembered seeing Brolle on the list of First Order territories way back when, but you had to wonder why Kylo couldn't just bring someone from the Supremacy to take care of you.