Chapter 16

"I love you," Kylo whispered in your ear. "I love you, and I want to marry you." Everything he was saying to you was so sweet and lovely, but you couldn't let him lose sight of what was most important.

"If, if I marry you, will you please let us leave the house?" You asked him, leaning away and placing your forehead on his. You were determined to not let this distract you from the issue at hand. He didn't reply right away, and you took it upon yourself to remind him of what this conversation was really about. "Marrying me won't keep me any safer being trapped in this house. Lucille and I--"

"I'll hold a worldwide ceremony in front of the entire ship. I'll have it broadcasted to every corner of the galaxy." Kylo said, and a smile broke over your face. Kylo had never lied to you about something he was going to do, and when he promised you he'd make your marriage public you had no reason to doubt him. "It's going to be hard for me, but I promise you I'll do it if you'll spend the rest of your life with me."

"I don't want this to be hard on you, Kylo," You interjected, taking his face in your hands. "I don't want to force you into doing this. I want you to do this because you want us to thrive. And because it's the right thing." He let out a sigh, blowing a hot puff of air onto your face. The idea stressed even you out, but you knew it was a need at this point. He nodded his head against you, brought his hands down to your hips and held you tightly.

"Anything. I can't promise that it will be soon, but it will happen. I promise you that." You smiled at him, nuzzled into his neck and basked in your adoration of him.

"I trust you," You admitted. "I love you, and I trust you." The two of you sat there in a loving embrace. You never wanted to let go of the man you had loved so much, the man that was finally putting his fears aside in order to care for his family.

Both you and Kylo took a moment to compose yourselves, to get yourselves together and appear confidently before your guests downstairs. You exited the bedroom and went down the steps hand in hand, taking in the sight of Beth sitting at the bottom of your steps. Before her eyes turned to you she was looking on at the sight of Lendix pushing the tricycle around the foyer; Venus posted in the front peddling and steering while Lucille hitched a ride in the bucket. While Venus was smiling and having the time of her life, Lucille gripped the sides of the wagon looking nervously up at Lendix who was right next to her. Lendix wasn't going nearly as quickly as Kylo often did with her, but you had to imagine she was having at least the smallest bit of fun.

All eyes set on you and Lucille immediately perked up, her eyes widening and a hearty smile settling on her once unsure face. "Mama, deedee!" She exclaimed, standing to her feet inside of the bucket. Your motherly instincts immediately kicked in and you found yourself rushing from the bottom step, past Beth, and up to the kids only to watch as Lendix lifted her from the wagon and set her soundly on the floor. Lucy looked up at him confused for a second while Venus stared inquisitively down at her newfound little friend.

"Get in, 'Cille." She asked, reaching back and patting the wagon Lucy was once in, but Lucy had her sights set on you. You happily accepted her into your arms, lifting her up so that Kylo could interact with her too.

"You sure have a sweetheart on your hands." Beth said above Lucille's babble to you. You thanked her, and when Lucille noticed Beth was giving her attention she turned fearfully to Kylo and held her hands out to him. You smiled at her, then had to step out of Kylo's way as he pushed past you and Beth on the stairs and walked right up to Lendix.

"I want to marry her," He stated, his voice full of confidence. "I want to marry her and I want our ceremony to be in front of the entire ship." You smiled proudly at the back of his head. It sounded like this was happening for sure and you were all for it. Lendix smiled back at him as Venus ran straight up to Kylo's feet, reaching her little arms in the air desperately trying to get her friend Lucille to play with her again.